IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New As you've broadened the arena, maybe I can agree
with the common thread:

It has been US policy all along - to pit one brand of murderous thug against another, opportunistically (and ever short-sightedly as IS our National preoccupation with quarterly result$). Our duplicity becomes apparent mostly in contrast to our putative "love for and support of that slippery ideal, democracy": for US purposes - the "next democratic regime" we always support, has been, without exception I can recall (?)

The One which shall promise to support our interest$ / POV ever after the Democratic Revolution\ufffd we funded.

In present case (not Nicaragua) - tell me again... [oil] where our virtually sole [oil] 'Interest*' has been re Anything! whatsoever to do with the er Afghani Peepul ??

* prior to 9/11 - and after, Actually - after the War on Evil! spin conflates or retakes its proper relationship to $$$.

Yours for More Sincere US Policy Assessments,

Ashton
New Re: As you've broadened the arena, maybe I can agree
Nicaragua -- 1990 - Sandanistas lost because of "it's the economy stupid", the U.S. had an embargo on. That and pressure from others in the Americas pushed the Ortega into calling elections...which he lost.

Philippines -- 1986 -- U.S. assists Philippinos in giving Marcos the bum's rush.

Panama -- 1989 -- U.S. clocks one Pimple Face Noriega to give the Panamanians their country back.

Kuwait -- 1990-1991 -- U.S. gives the idiot rich boys in Kuwait their country back after it was stolen by one Saddam, Butcher of Baghdad.

Kosovo -- 1999 -- U.S. crumbles Milosevic, Butcher of Serbia for being an asshole. Of course, Clinton caused the problem in the first place by giving the Big M. the Dayton Accords which more or less gave him free reign in "Serbian" territories. Even then we had to "lead" the weenie Europeans, our "partners" in NATO.

Afghanistan -- 1980-1989 -- U.S. rips Soviet Union a new asshole for attempting to instill puppet regime.

Afghanistan -- 2001 -- U.S. rips Islamo-Fascists a new asshole for being an asshole's asshole.

Yes, the U.S. has helped set up the initial conditions that caused some of these problems. But the U.S. had help. I think the U.S. has done a fine job of going back and correcting some of the problems even if it was in the U.S.'s own self interest. The interesting point was that the U.S. actually FELT is was in its own self interest. Now if only we'd perform a little more correction on Saddam and Saudi Arabia. In every case, except the first Afghanistan sortie, the U.S. has consisting pushed for democracy.

Now if only we could get the Bush administration to push for democracy in PCs and rip M$ a new asshole.

By the way, Bill Gates, the Allwein House Rodent, was recently eaten by one Ariel and Tinkerbell Allwein, a pair of Siamese cats. A search is currently under way for a new house rodent, who too shall be named Bill Gates. Any applicants should not feel squeamish about eventually being DWE (Dead While Eaten).
Gerard Allwein
New Cackle.. cackle.. Ulp!.. chomp..
Ah, would 'twere so simple - scaled up to 5'-Rodent-size. Redmond Mountain Oysters on the half-shill.

I kinda like Rick Moen's little sig
The genius of you Americans is that you never make clear-cut stupid moves, only complicated stupid moves that make us wonder at the possibility that there may be something to them that we are missing. --Gamel Abdel Nasser
But I have no problem agreeing too, that.. just often enough (!) we indeed went in to [something] with rather fine sentiments - and occasionally we even got out with those intact!

As a few eloquent posts in the past, 'in defense'.. have illustrated: dismissing Muricans as Just the more silly (and occasionally transparently self-serving) exploits would suggest - is as inane a POV as the pure-jingoism is. {sigh}

At least we aren't firing our best State Dept. 'experts on er communism' - for likely bein communists anymore. But if we really are gonna be Pax Americana indefinitely, methinks we have GOT to discover a way to bring sane, articulate debate into our [ugh] 'political process': for maybe the First time?

I mean - we can muddle along with all this sloganeering stuff, when just keeping the trains running. We can't! run the entire &^#$& World! on that babble. 'Cause if we do: Imagine Rev Foulwell ... .... in 37 language translations.

Rest case.

George Carlin for Minister of Plain &^$&*%# Speech on complex topics.

Cheers,

A.
     The Taliban are NOT the Afghan National Army - (Mike) - (43)
         Re: Male-cow-dung!!! - (dmarker2) - (42)
             So what does or doesn't count as a national army? - (marlowe)
             Obligatgory nit-pick - (mhuber) - (1)
                 Re: Of course ... - (dmarker2)
             Hmmmmm - (Mike) - (38)
                 Simple. - (Brandioch) - (26)
                     Yes you are - (Mike) - (25)
                         That is so amusing. - (Brandioch) - (24)
                             Have to give him McVeigh.... - (bepatient)
                             For Christ's sake do some research. You embarrass yourself. - (Mike) - (22)
                                 It is not I who cannot read. - (Brandioch) - (21)
                                     Response - (Mike) - (20)
                                         No particular need to go farther - (Ric Locke) - (19)
                                             I think you misread Brandioch. - (Another Scott) - (9)
                                                 Nice post - (Mike)
                                                 Hey Scott. - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                                                     So crack dealers are POWs when arrested, right? - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                         Start a new thread. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                             Go ahead. We'd probably agree on its failure. - (bepatient)
                                                         So.. where would the War on the Constitution go? -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                             As a plank in the Republican Platform I suspect. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                                     N.C. eh? - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                         Have family in Asheville. - (mmoffitt)
                                             I have a request. - (Brandioch)
                                             I have to disagree as well.... - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                                                 Minor point - POW must be let go when War is over. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                                     But.. how long might a War on Evil last? Hmmm? - (Ashton)
                                             Psych 101A now? - (Ashton) - (4)
                                                 dis en zhin oo' os ness - (Ric Locke) - (3)
                                                     Ah well.. on That level - - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                         Oh, absolutely. - (Ric Locke) - (1)
                                                             Yes, I think it is that arcane.. - (Ashton)
                 Trouble with imagining that redefinitions work - (Ashton)
                 Re: Western nicities vs tribal reality - (dmarker2) - (9)
                     Disagree - (Mike) - (2)
                         Geneva Convention, Article 4, subsection 3. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                             Theres that loose definition again. - (bepatient)
                     Re: Western nicities vs tribal reality - (gtall) - (5)
                         Re: Western nicities vs tribal reality - (dmarker2) - (4)
                             Re: Western nicities vs tribal reality - (gtall) - (3)
                                 As you've broadened the arena, maybe I can agree - (Ashton) - (2)
                                     Re: As you've broadened the arena, maybe I can agree - (gtall) - (1)
                                         Cackle.. cackle.. Ulp!.. chomp.. - (Ashton)

Ashton'd best cease derision; egregious fumblings garner hatred in judgemental klans. Lest matters natter on (precipitating quagmires), raconteur Scott transliterates umpteen verbs. Wordwright Xanadu, your zIWETHEY. Accordingly, blithely calling due eclectic, freewheeling games heedlessly invites jabber. Kenning LRPD meanings necessitates occasional, personal, quiet ruminations. Such thoughts unleash virtually wanton xenophilic yearnings: Zen Achieved.
65 ms