IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Well...
The stereotypical prima donna is conceited, stuck up, and thinks that she's very important.

Peter Gabriel's song is about someone who is conceited, stuck up, and thinks that he or she (the gender is not obvious in the song) is very important.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New Re: Well...
That's quite a stretch...not bad! Although I'm not sure I necessarily agree with htat interpertation. I interpreted it as our protagonist has been aspiring to be more than his (or her) roots and background would suggest that s/he would or could be, and that s/he has just arrived at that new plateau, and is looging around and reveling in the new, lofty vantage point.

YMMV
jb4
"So don't pay attention to the approval ratings that say 68% of Americans disapprove of the job this man is doing. I ask you this, does that not also logically mean that 68% approve of the job he's not doing? Think about it. I haven't."
Stephen Colbert, at the White House Correspondent's Dinner 29Apr06
Expand Edited by jb4 May 23, 2006, 01:16:20 PM EDT
     She's like the Swallow - (ben_tilly) - (103)
         Maybe She's a Bluebird - (imqwerky) - (102)
             Blue skies - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                 Blue Sky - (jb4) - (1)
                     Into the Great Wide Open - (ben_tilly)
             White Bird - (jb4) - (98)
                 Song to a Seagull - (ben_tilly) - (97)
                     Song for the Asking - (cforde) - (59)
                         That's a duplicate - (ben_tilly) - (58)
                             That's Amor\ufffd - (altmann) - (31)
                                 That's Entertainment. - (Another Scott) - (30)
                                     On Broadway - (cforde) - (29)
                                         42nd Street - (ben_tilly) - (28)
                                             Lake Shore Drive - (jb4) - (27)
                                                 Catherine Kelly's/Lake Effect - (ben_tilly) - (26)
                                                     Gone Fishin' - (imqwerky) - (25)
                                                         Long time gone - (ben_tilly) - (24)
                                                             Long Time - (jb4) - (23)
                                                                 So Long, Frank Lloyd Wright - (ben_tilly) - (22)
                                                                     Long Time Gone - (jb4) - (21)
                                                                         Come Back, Little Sheba - (imqwerky) - (20)
                                                                             When Johnny comes marching home again - (ben_tilly) - (12)
                                                                                 Johnny B. Goode - (imqwerky) - (11)
                                                                                     Johnny be Fair - (ben_tilly) - (10)
                                                                                         Jimmie Crack Corn - (imqwerky) - (9)
                                                                                             The Facts about Jimmy - (ben_tilly) - (8)
                                                                                                 St. Jimmy - (imqwerky) - (7)
                                                                                                     St. Theresa - (ben_tilly) - (6)
                                                                                                         Saint Dominic's Preview - (ChrisR) - (5)
                                                                                                             St. Elmo's Fire - (jb4) - (4)
                                                                                                                 Chariots of Fire - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                                                                                                                     Swing Low, Sweet Chariot - (imqwerky) - (2)
                                                                                                                         A Spoonful of Sugar - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                                                                                                             I Lost My Sugar in Salt Lake City - (cforde)
                                                                             Wake up, Little Suzie - (jb4) - (6)
                                                                                 Oh what a beautiful morning - (ben_tilly)
                                                                                 Oh, Susannah - (imqwerky) - (4)
                                                                                     What's the Use of Getting Sober? - (cforde) - (3)
                                                                                         Connection? -NT - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                                                                             Oh, Susannah! What's the Use of Getting Sober? - (cforde) - (1)
                                                                                                 Let's All Get Drunk and Screw (new thread) - (imqwerky)
                             oops, late to the party, didn't know -NT - (cforde) - (25)
                                 Site Search is your friend :-) -NT - (ben_tilly) - (24)
                                     But I still haven't found what I'm looking for. - (Another Scott) - (23)
                                         The Seeker - (jb4) - (22)
                                             Go Tell it on the Mountain - (ben_tilly) - (21)
                                                 Don't Tell Me You Love Me - (imqwerky) - (20)
                                                     I never cared for you - (ben_tilly) - (19)
                                                         Why can't we be friends? - (imqwerky) - (18)
                                                             You got a friend in me - (ChrisR) - (17)
                                                                 Stand By Me - (ben_tilly) - (16)
                                                                     Sit Down You're Rockin' The Boat - (imqwerky) - (15)
                                                                         The Water is Wide - (ben_tilly) - (6)
                                                                             Washing the Water - (jb4) - (5)
                                                                                 Wade in the Water - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                                                                                     Splish Splash - (jb4) - (3)
                                                                                         Mack the Knife - (imqwerky) - (2)
                                                                                             The First Cut - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                                                                                 No Cuttin' Loose - (cforde)
                                                                         Rockin' Robin - (ChrisR) - (7)
                                                                             Rocking in the Free World - (ben_tilly) - (6)
                                                                                 This Island Earth - (cforde) - (3)
                                                                                     Island - (jb4) - (2)
                                                                                         Island Moon - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                                                                             Full Moon on Main Street - (cforde)
                                                                                 Rockin' the Suburbs. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                                     Rockin' the Casbah - (jb4)
                     Freebird - (cforde) - (36)
                         I'm Free - (jb4) - (2)
                             Free Falling - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                 Tightrope - (jb4)
                         Dona Dona - (ben_tilly) - (32)
                             Prima Donna - (imqwerky) - (31)
                                 Big Time - (ben_tilly) - (30)
                                     Re: Big Time - (jb4) - (2)
                                         Well... - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                             Re: Well... - (jb4)
                                     Time - (jb4) - (26)
                                         Time to Kill - (ben_tilly) - (25)
                                             Shoot to Kill - (jb4) - (24)
                                                 Shot through the heart - (ben_tilly) - (23)
                                                     Love Hurts - (jb4) - (22)
                                                         The Rose - (ben_tilly) - (21)
                                                             Thorn in my side - (jb4) - (20)
                                                                 Bonnie Doon - (ben_tilly) - (19)
                                                                     My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean - (imqwerky) - (18)
                                                                         The Skye Boat Song - (ben_tilly) - (17)
                                                                             :-) - (imqwerky) - (16)
                                                                                 Smile - (ben_tilly) - (15)
                                                                                     Make 'Em Laugh - (imqwerky) - (14)
                                                                                         Where everybody knows your name - (ben_tilly) - (10)
                                                                                             John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt - (imqwerky) - (9)
                                                                                                 My Johnny was a Shoemaker - (ben_tilly) - (8)
                                                                                                     The Angels want to wear my Red Shoes - (jb4) - (7)
                                                                                                         Boogie Shoes - (imqwerky) - (6)
                                                                                                             Shotgun Boogie - (ben_tilly) - (5)
                                                                                                                 Shoot Out All the Lights - (imqwerky) - (4)
                                                                                                                     Hit me with your best shot - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                                                                                                                         I Shot the Sheriff - (imqwerky) - (2)
                                                                                                                             Shotgun Blues - (cforde) - (1)
                                                                                                                                 Workin' at the car wash blues (new thread) - (ben_tilly)
                                                                                         Laughing - (jb4) - (2)
                                                                                             Between a Laugh and a Tear - (cforde) - (1)
                                                                                                 Tears of a Clown (new thread) - (imqwerky)

Well, the place was crowded. We were packed in like sardines. They were all there to listen to the Big Band sounds of Tommy Dorsal. What sole! Tommy was rocking the place with a very popular tuna: "Sal-mon Chanted Evening," and the stage was surrounded by screaming groupers; probably there to see the bass player.
119 ms