IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: What is the succession mech of the JCS?
I'm sure Rumsfeld and Cheney could find somebody who would give the orders they want. However, it appears they would have to cut through several layers of command staff and would end up with some totally unknown career staff guy.

Faced with mass defection or removal of the senior staff, I expect the response of the majority of mid level officers would be to order their men back to the barracks until the situation is over.

A much more credible danger is that the neocon cabal around Bush will pick another puppet to replace him. There has been a lot of talk of Cheney stepping aside at some point to let the next annointed one get a head start on the next election. But Bush is so unpopular right now that would be more of a hindrance then a help. More over, as Iraq implodes the entire cabal is coming apart.

Jay
New you mean like Tommy Franks?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
     "Let's roll!" - (rcareaga) - (34)
         That's just - - (Ashton)
         Having drawn up *a* plan including X <> Is planning X. -NT - (Another Scott) - (9)
             How can you say that? We invaded Canada, right? - (bepatient)
             Absolutely correct.. There is a problem though... - (hnick)
             Or is it? - (andread) - (6)
                 But these would be *tactical* nukes ... completely different -NT - (drewk)
                 and remember, we get a free pass - (rcareaga) - (4)
                     Yep, Bush being president is the will of God! - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
                         What god, Shiva? -NT - (imric) - (1)
                             No, Kali... -NT - (scoenye)
                         Bush or God? - (Simon_Jester)
         Tom Toles: 4/9/2006. A Little Texas Two-Step? 18 kB .img. - (Another Scott)
         The part that worries me - (JayMehaffey) - (18)
             "Due to the necesarry invasion of Iran which has just . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (17)
                 Not likely - (JayMehaffey) - (16)
                     Unlikely, yes, but . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (15)
                         What is the succession mech of the JCS? - (rcareaga) - (3)
                             Goldwater-Nichols Act of 1986 - (Another Scott)
                             Re: What is the succession mech of the JCS? - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
                                 you mean like Tommy Franks? -NT - (boxley)
                         If we can have an election during the Civil War, we can now. - (Another Scott) - (10)
                             Bird Flu. Terrorism. Leprechauns. - (imric) - (9)
                                 Well, if it comes to leprechauns, they may have a point... - (hnick) - (8)
                                     Yep, almost as bad as clowns -NT - (drewk) - (7)
                                         And puppets! Don't forget puppets! - (jb4) - (6)
                                             These? - (drewk) - (1)
                                                 No... - (jb4)
                                             blade can kick their ass - (boxley) - (3)
                                                 You a closet Corey Feldman fan or something? -NT - (drewk) - (2)
                                                     Do NOT remind me of him. - (inthane-chan)
                                                     Nope own all the puppetmaster flicks - (boxley)
         Well, that may be strike 2 - (Arkadiy) - (2)
             If you think that the US is "pretty much the same", - (jb4) - (1)
                 Oh yes US is indeed the same - (Arkadiy)

Stop looking over your shoulder and invent something!
52 ms