IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It's all ASP.Net
But you have to make sure you get the event sequencing correct. For example, the Page_Load event handler will be called before the Button Command event handler. So if your page reloads the data for the control, you'll be hosed by the time you see the Command event.
New Re: It's all ASP.Net

But you have to make sure you get the event sequencing correct. For example, the Page_Load event handler will be called before the Button Command event handler. So if your page reloads the data for the control, you'll be hosed by the time you see the Command event.

That's exactly what's happening. Do you have any suggestions on how to work around this?
lincoln

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from." -- E.L. Doctorow

Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.

I am not merely a "consumer" or a "taxpayer". I am a Citizen of the United States.

[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
New Page_Load always gets called...
...but you should probably wrap most everything in the Page_Load event in:
   if (!IsPostBack)\n   {\n      .... initialization code goes here ....\n   }

This will prevent the initialization code from running on any of the PostBack events (such as Button Commands).
New Re: It's all ASP.Net

That's exactly what's happening. Do you have any suggestions on how to work around this?
lincoln

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from." -- E.L. Doctorow

I am not merely a "consumer" or a "taxpayer". I am a Citizen of the United States.

New apt-get install debian
Oops, sorry. It just slipped out.
===

Purveyor of Doc Hope's [link|http://DocHope.com|fresh-baked dog biscuits and pet treats].
[link|http://DocHope.com|http://DocHope.com]
New That ain't gonna happen
The company's owner has too big of an investment in our IBM mainframe and MS software. And I'm having enough headaches learning this stuff now - I DON'T need more languages to be dumped onto my brain.
lincoln

Trying to do this in Javascript, Part II - (lincoln) - (19)
         Sounds more like .NET than Javascript. -NT - (admin)
         It's all ASP.Net - (ChrisR) - (5)
             Re: It's all ASP.Net - (lincoln) - (1)
                 Page_Load always gets called... - (ChrisR)
             Re: It's all ASP.Net - (lincoln) - (2)
                 apt-get install debian - (drewk) - (1)
                     That ain't gonna happen - (lincoln)
         Re: Trying to do this in Javascript, Part II - (JayMehaffey)
         You're getting JS and ASP.Net muddled. - (static) - (10)
             That's exactly what it's doing - (drewk) - (4)
                 Huge? that's an understatement - (SpiceWare) - (3)
                     You should have asked them to add - (lincoln) - (2)
                         I did drop them a note - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                             nicely done! -NT - (lincoln)
             Pretty much what ASP.NET is - (JayMehaffey) - (3)
                 Had a programmer tell me exactly that - (drewk) - (2)
                     There's three solutions... - (ChrisR) - (1)
                         You mean "There're 3 solutions". (Beat ya, CRC!) -NT - (imqwerky)
             Here's how it was solved - (lincoln)

I've found if I press just the right spot on the base of the laptop while it's running, eCS will crash.
194 ms