IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I believe that the ban is permanent
I seem to remember when he took the job that DNC bylaws permanently disqualified him from seeking the presidency as their candidate.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New That sounds very strange...
Most politicians don't look beyond the next election. It's hard to believe that anything in politics is permanent...

This [link|http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potential_Democratic_candidates_in_the_2008_U.S._presidential_election|Wikipedia] article says he would have to resign as DNC chair to run. I can't find anything in the [link|http://a9.g.akamai.net/7/9/8082/v001/democratic1.download.akamai.com/8082/pdfs/20060119_charter.pdf|DNC Bylaws] (26 page .pdf) that would indicate it's permanent. Article 5 on the National Chair says he must be impartial (Section 4). But I just skimmed it (it doesn't seem to be searchable).

Cheers,
Scott.
New I'd say that I was probably wrong
As I said, it was a memory from stories that I saw then.

You actually dug up references, and they disagree with me. I'd trust the references more than my memory. :-)

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New Interesting aspect - I usually trust "Another Scott"
Has very good Google-Fu.
Pulls sources very nicely.
And seems to have enough time / incentive to do quality research.
     McCain trying to suck up to Republican core - (JayMehaffey) - (10)
         ObSentientLRPD: Bork, bork, bork! - (jb4)
         McCain/Dean in 2008! - (inthane-chan) - (8)
             That'd piss off just about EVERYBODY at one point or another - (jb4)
             Hey, it's how Dean got to be Guvn'r of Vermont -NT - (scoenye)
             Dean is no longer eligible - (ben_tilly) - (5)
                 He could resign. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                     I believe that the ban is permanent - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                         That sounds very strange... - (Another Scott) - (2)
                             I'd say that I was probably wrong - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                 Interesting aspect - I usually trust "Another Scott" - (broomberg)

I ripped my pants!
69 ms