In the spirit of Opposites -->|<-- Attract:
the flip side of Heads: I Believe; Tails: I Disbelieve

(A sample not susceptible of the famous placebo effect)
Can only report, from a local animal rescue place (which takes in older, often abandoned critters of all sorts, some with odd diseases) this excerpt from a missive urging support for a homeo- oriented piece of legislation:
Many of you will know of, or have met first hand, some of the "BrightHaven miracles of homeopathic healing" over the years: "Frazier" being our most recent example of course....!!!
And.. since these are neither zealots nor evangelists for any particular healing approach (employing - depending on the case - anything from antibiotics to Feldenkrais to other natural approaches ... to homeopathy) my impression has been that they take decent data and transcribe same, now over many hundreds of individuals; have no trouble with Boolean deductions -- and have kept some debilitated critters alive for many years.

(Frazier is a cat; happen to have seen the poor sucker early-on; gave him a couple days to live - I thought.)

Anyway.. I've mentioned here before the hardest parts to grok, of Hahnemann's hypotheses (about "Likes curing Likes"), and I do recall that he comprehended physics too - so the mysteries of dividing by Avogadro's number would not have mystified the originator of Homeopathy. And we've had the placebo discussions. And there are numerous folk who would atttest to the results in their specific cases yada yada + the nay-sayers (both among those who merely read/dismissed -and- those who tried/still-sick. Diagnosis: wrong? then stuff doesn't work.)

I remain agnostic, though with one insignificant personal 'trial' - which succeeded. Then, some months later I negated that result by taking the ID'd counterindicated substance (just for fun with the Gawd of Science) -- and, the symptoms returned, within hours. Etc.

All I ever steadfastly maintain, is:
that with regard to the human body and its umm algorithms, as of of '06
We Still Don't Know Shit -
however earnestly doth the purveyor of this and that, protest the efficacy of his \ufffd nostrums du jour. Allopathic medicine (by definition) treats ie suppresses symptoms (to what complex effect, we have little idea.) Cure?? is a horse of another color - and it's still galloping, freighted with the outraged cries of countless of Those Who Know and those who sell, cha cha