IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Generalization --- '64 - '72 NG were those looking to avoid
'Nam and was hence called the NoGut, NoGlory, NoGos by all active duty personnel.

It may be better, but I doubt it. Those NG who have been called up for the "war on terriers", will have the AD experience, even if they don't make it into the CZ.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail ... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
New If we require military service as a condition of candidacy..
...there will be a branch of the military specifically for "elites", much like the ANG, that our next Shrub will get his 'service' requirements taken care of in.
When somebody asks you to trade your freedoms for security, it isn't your security they're talking about.
New And this elite will be responsible for
Golf course testing.
Movie reviewing.
Customer service testing at local bars.
Ensuring that both teams show up at sporting events.
Matress testing.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail ... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
New Are you saying that warfare is the only worthwhile form...
of conflict, for presidential purposes, even compared to other forms of conflict and operations, such as business, law, community projects or regional politics? I would say police work but that could be argued as semi-military.
Matthew Greet

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?
- Mark Renton, Trainspotting.
New Where did I say that?
Active Duty != Combat Zone Duty

NG and Reserves do NOT, normally, get called to Active Duty. Basic Training and schooling does not count. Their (NG/Rsv) time is 1 weekend a month/2 weeks sometime during the year. The '64-'72 NG was a party time weekend for those who were able to get in. Shrub was one of those who got in. I personally knew a lot of them. I was in ROTC before I was declared "not student material" and lost my deferment. I enlisted and went Active Duty and was lucky enough to be sent to Germany instead of 'Nam.

Serving on Active Duty for 3 years (11 in my case) helps one to mature. The realization the you could be sent into a combat zone ('Nam in my case) makes the training more real, and provides the focus and drive.

There is a considerable difference from knowing that the training you are doing will prevent you from dying, prevent your buddy from dying, etc, etc, than learning business law, or politician, or lawyer.

Active Duty teaches you that the decisions you make, the shortcuts you take, could result in the loss of real life, someone you know, maybe even a friend.
New Should AD be mandatory or a choice for requirements?
Matthew Greet

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?
- Mark Renton, Trainspotting.
New Would never work as a requirement
Then we would have the "military" running the golf course, state and national parks, and other similiar jobs to create the illusion of military service to those too scared to accept real risk and responsibility.

AD should be a highlighted accomplishment for a politician.
     "Presidential candidates should have military experience" - (rcareaga) - (21)
         Starship Troopers redux? - (tjsinclair)
         Ah. Like both the men the current draft dodger defeated. -NT - (ben_tilly)
         Wondering if he felt that way 10 years ago? -NT - (bepatient)
         Biden shows the next-best thing - (drewk)
         If a man needs the army to give him discipline and focus... - (warmachine) - (16)
             To every rule there are exceptions - (jbrabeck) - (13)
                 So we should go out and create a state of Perpetual Combat - (jb4) - (4)
                     Well, we have one now... - (hnick) - (2)
                         And we see how well that's working out, don't we? - (jb4) - (1)
                             It's cyclic - (drewk)
                     There's a HUGE difference - (jbrabeck)
                 Bush demonstrates that National Guard improves nothing - (warmachine) - (7)
                     Generalization --- '64 - '72 NG were those looking to avoid - (jbrabeck) - (6)
                         If we require military service as a condition of candidacy.. - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                             And this elite will be responsible for - (jbrabeck)
                         Are you saying that warfare is the only worthwhile form... - (warmachine) - (3)
                             Where did I say that? - (jbrabeck) - (2)
                                 Should AD be mandatory or a choice for requirements? -NT - (warmachine) - (1)
                                     Would never work as a requirement - (jbrabeck)
             Agreed. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 Different issues - (drewk)

They aim to win Wimbledon!
56 ms