IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New So we should go out and create a state of Perpetual Combat
Just so our Leaders In Training can have "Active Duty Time"?

There's a concept that needs some serious rethinking!
jb4
"Every Repbulican who wants to defend Bush on [the expansion of Presidential powers], should be forced to say, 'I wouldn't hesitate to see President Hillary Rodham Clinton have the same authority'."
&mdash an unidentified letter writer to Newsweek on the expansion of executive powers under the Bush administration
New Well, we have one now...
Until somebody figures out how to defeat an ideology or we run out of non-neo-cons, we have a perpetual war. With absolute power for the goatroper-in-chief, of course, for the duration.
New And we see how well that's working out, don't we?
My point exactly!

I can't wait to see the quality of leaders that emerge from their "Active Duty"!
jb4
"Every Repbulican who wants to defend Bush on [the expansion of Presidential powers], should be forced to say, 'I wouldn't hesitate to see President Hillary Rodham Clinton have the same authority'."
&mdash an unidentified letter writer to Newsweek on the expansion of executive powers under the Bush administration
Expand Edited by jb4 Feb. 22, 2006, 11:49:00 AM EST
New It's cyclic
People who fought in a war, and lost relatives to one, think wars aren't such a good thing. People who didn't fight think they're just fine.

1. "We must be strong!"

2. One generation later ...

3. "It's just not worth it."

4. One generation later ...

5. "We must be strong!"

6. One generation later ...

7. ...
===

Purveyor of Doc Hope's [link|http://DocHope.com|fresh-baked dog biscuits and pet treats].
[link|http://DocHope.com|http://DocHope.com]
New There's a HUGE difference
between Active Duty time and Combat Zone experience.

I did 11 years AD, and 10 years Army Reserve. Closest I ever came to combat was being caught in the middle of a "race riot" while on CP. That and being put on alert for possible deployment during the 10 day war.

I would never advocate CZ experience as a requirement.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail ... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
     "Presidential candidates should have military experience" - (rcareaga) - (21)
         Starship Troopers redux? - (tjsinclair)
         Ah. Like both the men the current draft dodger defeated. -NT - (ben_tilly)
         Wondering if he felt that way 10 years ago? -NT - (bepatient)
         Biden shows the next-best thing - (drewk)
         If a man needs the army to give him discipline and focus... - (warmachine) - (16)
             To every rule there are exceptions - (jbrabeck) - (13)
                 So we should go out and create a state of Perpetual Combat - (jb4) - (4)
                     Well, we have one now... - (hnick) - (2)
                         And we see how well that's working out, don't we? - (jb4) - (1)
                             It's cyclic - (drewk)
                     There's a HUGE difference - (jbrabeck)
                 Bush demonstrates that National Guard improves nothing - (warmachine) - (7)
                     Generalization --- '64 - '72 NG were those looking to avoid - (jbrabeck) - (6)
                         If we require military service as a condition of candidacy.. - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                             And this elite will be responsible for - (jbrabeck)
                         Are you saying that warfare is the only worthwhile form... - (warmachine) - (3)
                             Where did I say that? - (jbrabeck) - (2)
                                 Should AD be mandatory or a choice for requirements? -NT - (warmachine) - (1)
                                     Would never work as a requirement - (jbrabeck)
             Agreed. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 Different issues - (drewk)

One... two... FIVE!
116 ms