IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Don't conflate cases.
The examples you cite are discriminatory, not disabilities. And in many cases I'm not totally sure I'm ready to call them illegal -- comfort is having a beer when I want one; luxury is having a pretty girl bring it to me :-)

I'm not likely to be hired to wait tables at Hooters', and that's as it should be (not enough experience (-; ) The question is what's relevant to job performance. Neither Peter nor Ashton is likely to get many tips as a stripper, nor am I; valid discrimination? Or not? I'm not tall enough to be an NBA player, not strong enough or big enough for NFL football -- am I disabled, discriminated against, or simply not qualified?

I repeat: there's free money going, and people are trying to scam it. If that's allowed to continue, it causes a real problem, because our legal system is based on precedent. The precedent this case was trying to squash was DISABILITY := ! QUALIFIED. If that continues, eventually you get the situation where everybody, or almost everybody, is defined as "disabled" or "discriminated against". No matter how rich our society may be or become, people who get compensation for either disability or discrimination have to remain a minority, or the whole system falls down in flames and nobody gets anything.

There are people with real problems, from situations like Christopher Reeve without the movie money to hands bit off by machinery and truck drivers with back problems. They need help. If the funds for that help get scammed off by freeloaders, that help won't be forthcoming.
Regards,
Ric
New How about we sue fast food joints
for cloging our colons? If they can sue tobacco comoanies why not fast food companies? The fast food companies do not put warnings on their products that they can cause hardened arteries, or colon problems, or give you high cholesteral if you include them in your diet.

30+ years of Big Mac and Whoopers, my colon is clogged, I want money for my pain! :)

"In order to completely solve a problem, you must make sure that the root of the problem is completely removed! If you leave the root, the problem will come back later to get you." - Norman King
New Agree re 'friction' in the system.
Often it seems that 'we' are much more focussed upon judgments First.. Agree also that the math is important. Once the real frauds are reduced to some acceptable level - just get on with it.

Unfortunately, lots of folks with scripture-guidance (a majority if one believes what they tell pollsters) - omit reading such juicy bits as, judge not lest ye be.. and that other one, vengeance is Mine! saith..

My view is that - the scurrilous example of Billy n'Bally, the rush by many bizness types to emulate them in Machiavellian ruthlessness - has led to a noticeable increase in cynicism all around (logically - since it is more justified now).

Fallout from this is.. the kinds of crap Bill C. put his imprimatur on - in the last 'welfare' rewriting; getting single mothers back to 'work' at min. wage and with no benefits.. as their unsupervised tykes learn how to listen to Cop-killing, bitch-slapping rappers - to form their social awareness.

Another crap shoot. Nobody has time to do much more than fill some Corp cubicle 50 weeks a year. We all live in the overall result. No 'solutions' in sight..

Ashton
     Once again, the Corps are winning. - (nking) - (14)
         they already won, saw the trailers for rollerball :( - (boxley) - (13)
             Quit obsessing over this - (Ric Locke) - (12)
                 I was obsessing over a screwed remake not disability! :) -NT - (boxley)
                 Careful Rick, comes close to 'welfare queens' - - (Ashton) - (10)
                     The disabled - (nking) - (9)
                         Obesity - (Ric Locke) - (8)
                             Oh yeah? - (nking) - (3)
                                 Don't conflate cases. - (Ric Locke) - (2)
                                     How about we sue fast food joints - (nking)
                                     Agree re 'friction' in the system. - (Ashton)
                             Obese/med - (wharris2) - (2)
                                 Slow metabolism vs fast - (boxley) - (1)
                                     This is true - (nking)
                             Eating Disorders - (nking)

LRPDism spotted: Beavis And Butthead Cornholio Megamix
120 ms