IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yup.. had (briefly) a Sharp 5000 laptop IIRC
with cute, not-so-tiny bubble memory modules. S l o w yes, but - so was the CPU - then. Think LCD screen was about 16 lines high.

Geetin senile - think it ran MSsssDOS 1.0, but mainly useless as tits on a board. But! - the bubbles indeed stayed in place with power off. Eventually swapped it off to a 'consultant' for another Otrona ;-)

A.
New nearly everything I learnt about bubble memory...
...came from the Dr. Who story 'Logopolis'. So it may well not be right :) The only big deal they made of it was it's non-volatility.
On and on and on and on,
and on and on and on goes John.
     Grid Computing. The next big thing? - (brettj) - (9)
         this is new? why do ya think they call it switch fabric in - (boxley) - (8)
             Here's what I did this weekend, and kicked a note to someone - (broomberg)
             Not new, just "soon to be" bigger, eh? - (brettj) - (6)
                 Add to the list - (nking) - (5)
                     We forgot about Virtual Reality in the living room. - (brettj) - (4)
                         Bubble Memory - (nking) - (3)
                             Main problem with bubble memory . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                                 Yup.. had (briefly) a Sharp 5000 laptop IIRC - (Ashton) - (1)
                                     nearly everything I learnt about bubble memory... - (Meerkat)

Who left that on the floor?
37 ms