IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New ISP disconnects
It depends on your ISP policy. Some disconnect after X minutes of idle connection, others after X minutes peroid (like 4 or 8 hours total max, then disconect), and still others are manned by a BOFH that sees if the user is downloading a large file and then disconnects them when it is halfway through or just before the last block is sent. Muhaahahahah!

"In order to completely solve a problem, you must make sure that the root of the problem is completely removed! If you leave the root, the problem will come back later to get you." - Norman King
New Not ISP
I'm not arguing about the ISP policy. Earthlink has a prohibition against "keep alive" programs, and I am not disagreeing with that. Me, I don't *want* to keep the connection alive.

I don't *want* to keep the connection alive if I've been idle for "X" (in this case four) hours. But The Damn Fucking Windows XP Dialup insists on reconnecting.

I hear the re-dialup. I don't *want* the goddamn forking dialup to be reconnected. That's the problem. When I fall asleep on my couch, as I did with the last boring Monday night football game, I am sometimes awakened by "titlkslkdfj" noise from my system dialing up my ISP.

I do not want this, and I do not know how to prevent this.
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
-- Donald Knuth
     Dialup networking, what gives? - (wharris2) - (6)
         ISP disconnects - (nking) - (1)
             Not ISP - (wharris2)
         Use InJoy on your home network. Or, try Yonc. But it seems - (Another Scott) - (3)
             Linux and Diald should work as well. - (nking) - (2)
                 Thanks for the link - (wharris2)
                 Trouble I had with diald . . - (Andrew Grygus)

Drink and the Devil have done for the rest!
55 ms