IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Hitting McNuggets below the belt
Some ad guy for Carl's Jr. is earning his keep.

"Can you find the nuggets on this chicken?
- Neither could we."

"Introducing Chicken Breast Strips
- Because chickens don't have nuggets"

Wonderful job of casting aspersion on the competitors product without even lying!.

"Um, gee, what do you suppose is really in a McNugget?".

[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Well, on *male* chickens, maybe...
;^)
New Oh, hush!
It's been about 5 years since I've had a Carl's Jr. burger. They don't have 'em out here near Chicago. Those are some of the best damn burgers I've had.

If it doesn't get all over the place, it doesn't belong in your face.
-YendorMike

"The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by the skeptics or the cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need people who dream of things that never were." - John F. Kennedy
New Saw some in Oklahoma
didn't stop at one. I did notice that the [link|http://www.carlsjr.com/home/|Carl's Jr.] signs where very similiar to the signs at [link|http://www.hardees.com/|Hardees]. They both have the smiling star done in the same colors and style.

That's interesting - they both have a "Six Dollar Burger" for $3.95. Guess they're the same company now?

Darrell Spice, Jr.

[link|http://home.houston.rr.com/spiceware/|SpiceWare] - We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore

New Same company, I think?
I went to a Hardees and saw some deserts with the words "Carl Jr" on them. I had no idea what that meant until I read your post.

Hardees bought out "Burger Shef" in St. Louis over a decade ago. All the "Burger Shefs" became Hardees.

Sort of like Shoney's, the own those "Big Boy" stores and "Captain D's Seafood", "Lee's Famous Chicken", and some others. You wouldn't know it unless you worked at one (like I did over a decade ago when I was in college) or know somebody who works there or own stock in the company.

"In order to completely solve a problem, you must make sure that the root of the problem is completely removed! If you leave the root, the problem will come back later to get you." - Norman King
New yep, same parent company
digging into their sites I see that both are owned by [link|http://www.ckr.com/|CKE Restaurants.]

Darrell Spice, Jr.

[link|http://home.houston.rr.com/spiceware/|SpiceWare] - We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore

New burgers
Carl's Jr. are ok. Me, I prefer [link|http://www.in-n-out.com/|In-N-Out Burgers]. They have great fries too, made just as needed on the premises.
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New Have you been to the Come Back Inn
out in Maywood or Melrose Park? (I forget which suburb it's in). That's the place with a stuffed polar bear in a revolving glass cylinder over the front door, and inside over the stone fireplace they have 1/2 of a moose, and the other side of the fireplace has the other 1/2 (I know which side I preferred to look at!) They had great 1/3 pound burgers and plenty of midwestern beers on tap.

Or out in Downers Grove many years ago was a place called the "Beef 'N Barrel" that had a "Belly Buster" - two 1/2 pound patties on a double decker bun. If you ate one in one sitting without hurling, you got a certificate of achievement. Once a year they had a contest to see who could eat the most in (I think) an afternoon. HS football players used to go in, scarf them down, run to the men's room and hurl, then come back for more. Can't remember what the grand prize was, though.

God, I miss Chicagoland!
BConnors
"Prepare for metamorphosis. Ready, Kafka?"
New okechobee burger
take two pita's insert 1 patty that is the radius of the pita's add lettuce tomato onion and special sauce. Eat all day on one of those.
thanx,
bill
My Dreams aren't as empty as my conscience seems to be
New Hmmm...Nope
Haven't heard of any of the places you've mentioned. I'm closer to Downers Grove than either Maywood or Melrose Park.

I'll have to check those places out. Thanks for the tips! :)
-YendorMike

"The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by the skeptics or the cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need people who dream of things that never were." - John F. Kennedy
New Fudruckers
There used to be on on the southwest corner of 59 and New York street in Aurora. Good burgers, and you dress them yourself.
FAQ! We're scrod!
New Several that I know of in the Midwest
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
-- Donald Knuth
New I like the concept of self dressing but expensive place
New Re: Fudruckers
Yeah, they're all over the Chicagoland area (Suburbs, mainly...I don't know of one within the city limits)

Good stuff!

They recently expanded their menu; now have sirloins and chicken sandwiches, and such. Also desserts!

Try putting jalapenos on your burger next time.

jb4
(Damn! It's 8:00 in the morning and already I'm hongry!)
New Nice.
There used to be a bunch in the Milwaukee area, but they are down to one.

Nice, but a bit expensive. We go there as a treat once in a while.

----
"You don't have to be right - just use bolded upper case" - annon.
New Roy Rogers too.
They don't have some of the fancier condiments of Fudruckers, but you take your sandwich to a bar with lettuce, tomatoes, etc.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Dammit, yer making me go there
It's 2:09 PM, do you know where your lunch is?
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
-- Donald Knuth
New Found an interesting place anyway
I had fully intended to go to Fuddruckers after the exchange, but for some reason found myself in a strip mall that had a chinese buffet.

Oh. My. Gawd.

This corner-in-the-wall place had the best Chinese buffet I've ever had. I've been to a number of them, and this beat them all hands down. Fudruckers? Heck with them, I'm going to this chinese buffet anytime.
-- Donald Knuth
New Ayuh
It's still there.

Matter of fact, it's been a while since I've been there. Gonna have to go hit it up for a burger and fries sometime. :)

I remember driving by this Fuddruckers one time, and someone had thrown rocks at the sign so that the "uddr" were unlit...
-YendorMike

New Oh, the memories!
That's my old neighborhood! I used to live 2 miles west of Fox Valley Mall, straight down Ogden Ave. There was a strip mall with a Rosati's Pizza behind some tiny bank that changed its name every year - I was right across the street from there.

New York St/ Aurora Ave (I think that's what Naperville called it) and Route 59 - what an intersection. If you couldn't find it in the mall or in any of the stores from 75th Street north to the railroad tracks, mankind didn't build it. Restaurants, fast food joints, Best Buy, Home Depot, golf equipment, grocery stores, etc. Traffic was always a mess on Saturday afternoons. Is the Checkers still on the NW corner, or is that gone now?

Man, I'm really getting homesick and nostalgic lately. I miss Chicagoland, but I'm not learning any new skills that will convince a future employer to relocate me.
BConnors
"Prepare for metamorphosis. Ready, Kafka?"
New So where's your current stompin' ground?
jb4
(Resistance is not futile...)
New Houston
specifically the SW area - Stafford, Missouri City, Sugar Land.

We get together occasionally for lunch(his new job is 2 buildings over from mine) and play Guantlet on the PS2 every so often.

Darrell Spice, Jr.

New I was afraid of that...
...something told me youse mopes ended up in Tejanoland.

My deepest sympathies....
jb4
(Resistance is not futile...)
New no sympathies needed
I've lived lots of places(25 by the time I was 25) and have no qualms about living in Houston. It does not fit the "reputation" the rest of the country has dumped on it.

Darrell Spice, Jr.

New Foney-burger experience FWIW
Hey.. I used to eat dead cows too. Finally a sweetie informed me of the obvious (as I was eating it):

IT's THE TRIMMINS (and texture) as much as the 'meat' - that IS the hamburger experience !! GardenBurger and several other brands are generally available now: with 'char-broiled' flavor I defy you to deconstruct ;-)

Use a Real non-preservative, non-cardboard fresh decent bun + other suitable condiments - ya gotta try this at least Once, ya wimps!

Yes I understand - when on the road etc. no chain has been smart enough to do this Right (as above) - in fact in MnsHO: those that did sorta offer alternatives.. made them w/o the beef pheromones - to keep their [M$] captive [M$] audience enslaved to megatons of ground-up cattle (and colonoscopies: the little burger-bits like to hide out in the folds, as they putrefy, etc.) At Home: it's a cinch to make the test.

Anyway.. I aver: there IS 'burger' after deadcow. It's like gettin yer friend to just Look at KDE after addiction to dancing otters. You know about That one..

[/deadcow screed]

Ashton
not holier than thou - just better fed and - apparently fooled quite nicely by the ~taste equivalents. (and actually - my taste buds are generally.. rather Picky)
New look at the salt content of that non fur burger
after all alcohol will disolve the grease, nothing you can do about the salt.
thanx,
bill
New Wish ya wouldn't confuse this stuff
with facts :(

Yeah - 13%. Dunno what a std. McMac w/o bacon chimes in at (?) Depends on whether or not ya use bottled dressing on yer salad too, so

never mind. Gotta see if my onion rings are done yet..

A.
New Salt content
Seems to me this salt business is treating a symptom, not the actual problem, and is an aberation of Western medicine. If salt itself were that much of a problem, the entire population of Japan would have been wiped out and I would not be driving a Toyota.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Shoneys a southern burger experience
a chain that monday thru friday offers a lunch buffet of sirloin burgers, dogs fries full soup salad and desert bar for 5.95. We usually try to eat thanksgiving dinner there if travelling 6.99 full turkey and trimings dinner.
thanx,
bill
New Doesn't anyone make their own anymore?
In the time it would take to queue at the local McDonald's drive-through of a Friday evening, I can whip up a burger much tastier and (possibly) better for you.

It mightn't be the paragon of nutritional excelence, but at least I know (have a fair idea) what's in it.

Failing that, I pick Hungry Jack's over Maccas anytime :)
On and on and on and on,
and on and on and on goes John.
New Did that for lunch today...
...one for me and the wife...fresh lettuce, tomato....and cheese that reminded me of...well cheese....unlike the yellow plastic you get at the traditional burger joints.
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
     Hitting McNuggets below the belt - (Andrew Grygus) - (30)
         Well, on *male* chickens, maybe... -NT - (CRConrad)
         Oh, hush! - (Yendor) - (25)
             Saw some in Oklahoma - (SpiceWare) - (2)
                 Same company, I think? - (nking) - (1)
                     yep, same parent company - (SpiceWare)
             burgers - (cforde)
             Have you been to the Come Back Inn - (bconnors) - (2)
                 okechobee burger - (boxley)
                 Hmmm...Nope - (Yendor)
             Fudruckers - (rickw) - (13)
                 Several that I know of in the Midwest -NT - (wharris2)
                 I like the concept of self dressing but expensive place -NT - (boxley)
                 Re: Fudruckers - (jb4)
                 Nice. - (mhuber)
                 Roy Rogers too. - (Another Scott)
                 Dammit, yer making me go there - (wharris2) - (1)
                     Found an interesting place anyway - (wharris2)
                 Ayuh - (Yendor)
                 Oh, the memories! - (bconnors) - (4)
                     So where's your current stompin' ground? -NT - (jb4) - (3)
                         Houston - (SpiceWare) - (2)
                             I was afraid of that... - (jb4) - (1)
                                 no sympathies needed - (SpiceWare)
             Foney-burger experience FWIW - (Ashton) - (3)
                 look at the salt content of that non fur burger - (boxley) - (2)
                     Wish ya wouldn't confuse this stuff - (Ashton)
                     Salt content - (Andrew Grygus)
         Shoneys a southern burger experience - (boxley) - (2)
             Doesn't anyone make their own anymore? - (Meerkat) - (1)
                 Did that for lunch today... - (bepatient)

My brain hurts thinking about how you know all of that.
175 ms