IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The problem is getting the interior up to temp
The "official" danger zone is between 40 and 140 degrees for more than 4 hours. How long does it take that chicken in the middle of it all to get above the danger zone?

[link|http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Fact_Sheets/2005_Hotline_Planner_Text/index.asp|USDA]
-----------------------------------------
No new taxes.
--George H. W. Bush

We don't torture.
--George W. Bush
New It's going to be in the danger zone for some time . . .
. . so there will be some microbe proliferation. On the other hand, the USDA says all the microbes are dead by 165°F and will then do no harm (privately they've said they're all dead by 150°F but they like to err on the side of safety).

If you make absolutely sure the center is at 160°F you can pull it and let it rest for 1/2 hour (as you always should with a turkey). The center temperature should soon climb to 165°F and you should be safe.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
     Turkey's in the Tub Tonight - (Andrew Grygus) - (43)
         I have never cooked a turkey in my life. - (bionerd) - (25)
             Well, my article's there for you when . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (24)
                 I suppose I better take at look at it. - (bionerd) - (23)
                     Personally... - (Yendor) - (10)
                         Turkey stuffed with a duck and a chicken? - (bionerd) - (8)
                             Exactly. - (Yendor) - (7)
                                 Can you say "salmonella"? I knew that you could. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                                     I don't have a problem with cooking... - (Yendor) - (2)
                                         The problem is getting the interior up to temp - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                             It's going to be in the danger zone for some time . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                     The best way to prepare a Turducken - (imqwerky) - (2)
                                         From where? -NT - (broomberg) - (1)
                                             Ahh - here - (broomberg)
                         Turd-uck-en? - (pwhysall)
                     Preferred by 99.74% of farm raised turkeys. - (Andrew Grygus) - (11)
                         I have read about the bad side of soy - (imqwerky) - (10)
                             I would never eat a Tofurkey - (bionerd) - (9)
                                 Peanut butter does not have a lot of trans fats; Kraft's - (jake123)
                                 Be careful. Get your information from several sources. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                     Soy's effect on reducing breast cancer is pretty much . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                 I spent quite a number of years as a vegetarian . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                                     And almost completely un-Atkins. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                         Yeahbut - even the Atkins Foundation admits . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                 There are other ways of getting protein - (imqwerky) - (2)
                                     But soy's good stuff; how can you live without stinky tofu? - (tonytib) - (1)
                                         :-D -NT - (imqwerky)
         Listen to the poet - (andread) - (2)
             :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
             Dat's adoramable! -NT - (imqwerky)
         138 degrees and rising . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
             I don't cook without it any more -NT - (drewk)
         Thanks from my dad... - (admin) - (1)
             Glad someone found it useful . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         My turkey roasting article has been expanded and . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (9)
             typo - (broomberg)
             Very nicely done. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
             Nice to see the URL come to life -NT - (drewk)
             ugh, I read that as: if the DNA has propogated. -NT - (cforde) - (1)
                 Well, that's propagat'n too . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
             You do live in an excellent location for your plans - (tonytib) - (3)
                 China is a veeeeeeeeery big country. - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                     I've tried quite a few - (tonytib) - (1)
                         Try Laos for rice. - (Andrew Grygus)

And if someone can find a cure for it a lot of the other problems will diminish.
256 ms