IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You can do better out West
Here's a senior DBA [link|http://www.dice.com/DandL/c/cxmacnb.34368.html|position] for twice the pay. You need +5 years Oracle experience, however, to be eligible for the $50k salary.
Ray
New Or Not...
Jacksonville, FL is actually a pretty cheap place to live, relative to Bay Area.

I would take the FL job, because you might be able to afford an Apt. and then beg for your food and transportation.

With the Bay Area job, $50K a year still has you living in a cardboard box under a bridge somewhere. Selling your blood for groceries and begging for a BART pass.

Also, even in the winter, Florida is still cheaper to heat than the Bay Area. In the summer, well, in FL you're gonna sweat anyway, even if you have A/C.

I could probably get you a Java Programmer job in Greenville, TX for $30K a year... Provided you move yourself. You could afford a used double-wide from the Greensheet and still have enough money for groceries and an occasional blockbuster rental (just don't be late with the return). You're still gonna hafta sweat, tho'.
Glen Austin
     Oh for a career as a DBA - (boxley) - (6)
         Heh heh heh! Had me laughing. - (nking)
         Yeah, well, but then that isn't really a database they're... - (CRConrad) - (2)
             if I could type that fast I would be a programmer :) -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 You don't need to type fast to be a programmer - (nking)
         You can do better out West - (rsf) - (1)
             Or Not... - (gdaustin)

That's not fair! I'm just a transparent rhetorical device!
129 ms