IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Energy Policy => Invade Iraq => .... => Profit...
For who? We don't seem to be getting any of it. And no US company has been awarded any rights to the oil.

So, if we went to war for oil...we certainly did a bad job of >that< too.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New We didn't go there for cheap oil
New Then there is no Profit
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Tell that to the oil companys
-----------------------------------------
No new taxes.
--George H. W. Bush

We don't torture.
--George W. Bush
New a profit of
[link|http://www.southernstandard.net/news.php?viewStory=24755|not even 10%]
energy companies earned 9.76 cents of profit from each dollar of sales during the third quarter, little more than half of the 18.37 cents earned per dollar in the financial sector.

shame on them oil companies for doing [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=232318|worse than] Citigroup, Microsoft, Coca Cola, Proctor & Gamble and General Electric. This whole farce sounds a lot like of "these income tax breaks don't help the poor" while ignoring that no tax break could ever help the poor as they don't pay them to begin with.
Darrell Spice, Jr.                      [link|http://spiceware.org/gallery/ArtisticOverpass|Artistic Overpass]\n[link|http://www.spiceware.org/|SpiceWare] - We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore
New ... without Underwear!
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New And then you can order more beer!

I'm *shocked*! Oil execs met with Cheney's task force. - (Another Scott) - (93)
         I suppose it would make more sense to invite them to - (boxley) - (2)
             I have no problem with them meeting Cheney's task force. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 I object to them *being* Cheney's task force -NT - (tuberculosis)
         Um, I don't get the problem - (bepatient) - (81)
             Why am I not surprised? -NT - (jb4) - (1)
                 I see so the ILA should run IT shops - (boxley)
             I think you do. - (Another Scott) - (49)
                 Lets see, energy policy should receive input from env groups - (boxley) - (48)
                     I guess only the police should have input on the law then? - (Another Scott) - (46)
                         I agree the meetings should have been open to the public - (boxley)
                         There are several problems - (bepatient) - (43)
                             Well, they're right about one thing - (jake123) - (42)
                                 They *are* investing - (scoenye) - (40)
                                     Read "The Innovator's Dilemma" - (ben_tilly) - (39)
                                         dunno BP owns a lot of patents and is doing own R&D -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                             That doesn't help. Read the book for why. - (ben_tilly)
                                         So you don't think - (bepatient) - (36)
                                             No, I think Big Oil != Nynex - (jb4) - (2)
                                                 So you don't equate - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                     one is an evul environmental horror with ties to Whitehouse - (boxley)
                                             They may well invent and promote it... - (ben_tilly) - (32)
                                                 Then there's the classic: Gillette and Bic - (jake123) - (24)
                                                     Not quite a classic illustration of this particular point - (ben_tilly) - (23)
                                                         I don't think that'll happen. - (Another Scott) - (22)
                                                             Of course he failed - that is according to theory - (ben_tilly) - (12)
                                                                 predictions - (cforde) - (5)
                                                                     Not so much the ability to grok, as the will to risk -NT - (drewk) - (1)
                                                                         Not so simple. Read the book. -NT - (ben_tilly)
                                                                     Definitely - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                                                         case study - (cforde) - (1)
                                                                             Very true - (SpiceWare)
                                                                 Electrics, batteries - and the 5% problem - (Ashton) - (5)
                                                                     Great post. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                     ObLRPD: Solar powered jet packs. I think that's the ticket. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                     My copy of the book is in storage or I'd give numbers - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                                                         This paper from MIT in 2000 is interesting. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                             What I mean by "good enough"... - (ben_tilly)
                                                             Not that I care...but looking at history... - (Simon_Jester) - (8)
                                                                 Good point. But they're selling a service, not a Thing. -NT - (Another Scott) - (7)
                                                                     Kodak sold things. They're hurting pretty badly. -NT - (ben_tilly) - (6)
                                                                         But thats a different beast - (bepatient) - (5)
                                                                             Again, read the book. - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                                                                                 I will actually. Looks interesting - (bepatient)
                                                                                 Organization learning.... - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                                                                                     And that is reinforced... - (ben_tilly)
                                                                                     It's not so black and white. - (Another Scott)
                                                 They spun the business and remerged it several times - (bepatient) - (6)
                                                     OK, they invented. Will they build the next business model? -NT - (ben_tilly) - (5)
                                                         We'll see - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                             That we will. (I'm betting on Skype and relatives.) -NT - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                                                                 Too limited - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                     Seemlessly? Is that anything like unseemly? -NT - (drewk) - (1)
                                                                         grrrr -NT - (bepatient)
                                 1/2 of BP R&D is recylcling and new energy sources -NT - (boxley)
                         More like saying the Mafia should write the law. -NT - (JayMehaffey)
                     That's a fair question.... - (Simon_Jester)
             The problem is evasion of "sunshine laws". - (a6l6e6x) - (28)
                 So every meeting of every public servant - (bepatient) - (27)
                     Welcome to Government Service... - (Simon_Jester)
                     yep, absolutely - (boxley) - (23)
                         Disagree - (bepatient) - (22)
                             Nor would I - - (Ashton)
                             I just got back from a "step in front" - (boxley)
                             Qualification on your disagreement - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                 Any loophole will be used enthusiastically. -NT - (admin) - (1)
                                     ICLRPD (new thread) - (imric)
                             If you can say that with a straight face... - (inthane-chan) - (7)
                                 I would regardless - (bepatient) - (6)
                                     Extremes again - (hnick) - (3)
                                         Not that extreme - (bepatient) - (2)
                                             That would be nice - (hnick) - (1)
                                                 I see we are forgetting a simple credo - (bepatient)
                                     Speaking of "Government Relations". - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                         proves they are cheap bastards, thats all - (boxley)
                             Litmus test - (imqwerky) - (8)
                                 Let's see... - (Another Scott)
                                 No - (bepatient) - (6)
                                     Aha! - (imqwerky) - (4)
                                         Don't think you understand - (bepatient) - (3)
                                             This has gone from funny to sad... - (hnick)
                                             You're doing it again. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                 No, I'm not - (bepatient)
                                     a previous employer did think it was ok to do same -NT - (boxley)
                     No. Only when $ignificant decision$ are to be made. - (a6l6e6x)
                     We have that - its called cspan - (tuberculosis)
         Energy Policy => Invade Iraq => .... => Profit... -NT - (ChrisR) - (7)
             Re: Energy Policy => Invade Iraq => .... => Profit... - (bepatient) - (6)
                 We didn't go there for cheap oil -NT - (ChrisR) - (5)
                     Then there is no Profit -NT - (bepatient) - (4)
                         Tell that to the oil companys -NT - (Silverlock) - (1)
                             a profit of - (SpiceWare)
                         ... without Underwear! -NT - (admin) - (1)
                             And then you can order more beer! -NT - (Ashton)

We sell COFFEE-flavored coffee.
104 ms