IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Hmmm sorta a Jerry Pournelle, but
without the endearing characteristics? and also without Jerry's actual accomplishments in other fields.

I wonder if.. overall journalistic performance of the general press - re computers - is really any less ept than it is about say, medicine, law, politics.

Maybe this guy (and much of what IW became) just seems more egregious because so much about these machines is 'factual' in nature and logical in operation. The other topics aren't nearly so cut & dried - so the weaseling of opinion pieces isn't so glaring obvious (?)

Nobody seems to have an angle on how you might turn a writer into an also techno-adept.. yet it seems about as hard to turn a techno-ept person into an also good writer (and esp. editor!) of English.

Still, lots of zIWE posts are quite literate and.. it's getting job-scarce out there: mightn't a few z-folk consider moving out of the control room and over to a wordprocessor? Should be able to bell a Katz with one hand tied to the ALT key.

Just a passing thought..

Ashton
New Chuckles
Still, lots of zIWE posts are quite literate and.. it's getting job-scarce out there: mightn't a few z-folk consider moving out of the control room and over to a wordprocessor? Should be able to bell a Katz with one hand tied to the ALT key.

I think most of us could do a Katz with half our brain tied behind our back, as Rush Limbaugh likes to say.

PS: (edit) I haven't listened to him much since he lost his hearing; he was bombastic and hyperego'd before, but it doesn't come over at all well when he can't hear his hysterical ranting.

PPS: Even before he lost his hearing, I couldn't really take him for more than fifteen minutes a time. Thank God I've got several other radio stations to listen to.
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
-- Donald Knuth
Expand Edited by wharris2 Jan. 5, 2002, 02:17:30 PM EST
     Review of the Life and Times of Jon Katz - (admin) - (2)
         Hmmm sorta a Jerry Pournelle, but - (Ashton) - (1)
             Chuckles - (wharris2)

Must be what keeps your hair up.
34 ms