IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Second that suggestion. (and: LRPD)
I did it that way, when I {ugh} needed a uniform for certain occasions. You would be an unusual US male if.. you had the foggiest idea of the nuances of style, cut and esp - what tailoring by an expert - can do for that "first 10 second impression". And these all are a bit different details for different body shapes, too!

Be assured that, whatever you notice in the mirror shall be quite less than - especially! what will be er 'deconstructed'? by an office of mostly females (who likely pick out their SO's stuff too).

Also.. right now there are sales. As when I shopped. I ended up with a much more expensive (priced) suit than I imagined I 'needed' - for not much more than I hoped to pay. Consider the time spent for a final fitting - amortized over several years.

(Yeah it's weird - but we're tribal and run in packs - remember?)

Enjoy this adventure in a surreal environment --

Ashton 2nd-Hand Tonsorial Services

PS - that "second pair of pants" may not be a bad idea either, if you'll be living in this on-site, daily (?)

See: the LRPD for advice re plaids | stripes :-\ufffd
New Once you get a suit get an Iron or steamer
you'll need to keep the suit wrinkle-free or else the Wimmin-Folk will notice and point it out to you. Some of the travel places sell a steam-cleaning device that steams the wrinkles out.

I hope my next job is Office-Causual. I had to dress up for the lawyers, but no jacket required. But wearing a tie and a business shirt (White Catholic School-Boy shirt) all day really made me feel hot and made it heard to breathe. I'd rather wear a cottom Polo-shirt or something that is not as hot and won't choke me like a tie.

"In order to completely solve a problem, you must make sure that the root of the problem is completely removed! If you leave the root, the problem will come back later to get you." - Norman King
New Office casual now, have been not-so before
Where I'm currently working, we can't wear T-shirts and scrungy stuff, but nice jeans and golf shirts are generally OK. The jeans don't meet the "official" company dress code but nobody says anything. (and if my immediate superior wears jeans almost all the time, hell yes I'll wear them sometimes.)

Previously, I worked for a tie-company. Didn't have to wear suits, but had to wear decent pants, and shirts with a tie. I, um, did take advantage of the dress code and probably wore a lot of ties and shirts that you wouldn't give to your worst enemy. Hell, I was obeying the dress code, and the dress code didn't say anything about the patterns or the color, did they? In other words, if they were going to make me wear a tie, I was going to make them visually pay for it. :-)
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
-- Donald Knuth
New Casual Fridays and the Socks Loophole
At my old employer, they allowed causual Fridays if you contributed to the firm selected charity. They had a strict causual code, no jeans, no t-shirts, no shorts, for women no gym clothes or mini skirts (but they wore them anyway, who would complain?). But it mentioned nothing about socks. So a few coworkers of mine went to work without any socks! Why not? The causual dress code didn't mention socks. You'd think lawyers wouldn't miss stuff like that. :)

"In order to completely solve a problem, you must make sure that the root of the problem is completely removed! If you leave the root, the problem will come back later to get you." - Norman King
New No loopholes for me.
I'm not adjusting to a stated dress code, I'm attempting to make a fashion statement.

That is, if/when the job is back on.

Bosss called Friday - he decided, after a long meeting with the guy who has the job now and the headhunter who placed both of us, that the other guy hasn't had a fair chance. So I'm back to contractor at least until the end of the month.

And I have to try to un-cancel my other interviews.
----
"You don't have to be right - just use bolded upper case" - annon.
New Errr.....
That's a pretty shitty thing to do to you, especially after offering you the job.

Were I in your shoes, I'd be thinking long and hard about whether or not I would take the job if it were offered to me in the future.
-YendorMike

"The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by the skeptics or the cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need people who dream of things that never were." - John F. Kennedy
New ditto, walking on eggshells now.
My Dreams aren't as empty as my conscience seems to be
     iwethey.employed++ but iwethey--? - (mhuber) - (20)
         Suit++ :) - (a6l6e6x)
         Yay Hooray on the first; IXNAY on the second! (+Congrats! :) -NT - (CRConrad)
         Cool beans! - (admin)
         The Wimmin thing: I hear they're just like normal people! - (CRConrad)
         On buying a suit - (Silverlock) - (12)
             Find a good store that has a sale - (nking) - (4)
                 It's bad when you can't fit into any of your old suits - (wharris2) - (3)
                     Not neccesarily - (mhuber)
                     I can still fit into two of them - (nking)
                     I can still fit into two of them - (nking)
             Second that suggestion. (and: LRPD) - (Ashton) - (6)
                 Once you get a suit get an Iron or steamer - (nking) - (5)
                     Office casual now, have been not-so before - (wharris2) - (4)
                         Casual Fridays and the Socks Loophole - (nking) - (3)
                             No loopholes for me. - (mhuber) - (2)
                                 Errr..... - (Yendor) - (1)
                                     ditto, walking on eggshells now. -NT - (boxley)
         suitable employment - (cforde)
         As the stomach turns, - (mhuber) - (1)
             Umm with a boss That inept.. - (Ashton)

Anyone for a glass of gloat milk?
59 ms