I note that you raise an accounting issue which has not yet received the full attention of the body- and other-bean counters for which the mentioned Empire is renowned.

(We must leave as aberration, of course - the reputed stretch-wrapped palletloads of crisp $100 bills passed out like cordwood for the winter; I suspect that those receipts did not list with normal precision, as ~
Contractor X: One Humvee-full @ $100,000,000.05)

I speak of the 'damage equivalence factor' of the
3000 + 2xx? in DC <-VS-> the (what? 50X? more? of non-WASP-caste collaterals)

- thus far turned into sausage; not counting the maimed, of course.
I haven't seen a scholarly treatise, suitably updated for 21st Century efficiency, that sets the agio for the browner-hued folks.

How shall we know when vengeance has been achieved, if we haven't the figures for the Correct US/them exchange rate?

Then I see another nagging aspect of the entire play, more akin to Mr. Cantor's nondenumerable infinities (?) whereby a one may not evaluate - yet 'match', compare the relative magnitudes of certain infinite series. It's only sorta.. about numbers -

Ex:
Suppose that we had been possessed of an English-speaking Leader, one capable of measured prose and of projecting a decent facsimile of umm, Gravitas? (but also with Good Hair - always essential) -

A one with less embarrassing swagger (and no spouted absurdities about Crusades, Warz on Evil and such) - would things in the Fatherland have stayed pretty quiet until we matched the 58,xxx soldier-bodies of Vietnam?

Or another way: among those who are Pissed - is it about the premeditated lies and artless, yet ever so >Successful< propaganda <-OR-> at all ... about the Size of the heap of dead burnt bodies?

So many Questions
(But we'll always have our Mother of Sixteen - to remind how quickly we can repopulate.)