Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Both? Cancelling out?
[link|http://www.runningworks.com|
]
Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New Nope...
That was my snide way of pointing out that your "don't disagree" was the opposite of what I'd said.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New My "don't disagree?"
From the post you linked to:
"I don't disagree with his prescription (markets have different sets of failures), but I agree with his diagnosis"

The post you linked from said:
"I don't agree with his prescription"

Soooo... Which is it? Do you agree or disagree with his prescription?

*chuckle*
]
Imric's Tips for Living
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

New D'oh, I know what I MEANT to write...
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New Heehee
I know - and I READ it the way you meant it first time through, too - thats what I meant by "both? cancelling out?"...
]
Imric's Tips for Living

Expand Edited by imric Oct. 15, 2005, 10:52:43 AM EDT
     Influenza, anyone? - (Ashton) - (30)
         Run! Get out... umm... what about the subordinates? - (warmachine) - (29)
             we are using the Soviet Model -NT - (boxley) - (28)
                 Not familiar with that -NT - (warmachine) - (27)
                     here ya go, enjoy - (boxley) - (26)
                         The subordinates are the problem - (warmachine) - (4)
                             The decline has been fast - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                                 So that article is a pack of lies. Oh, I'm surprised! - (warmachine) - (2)
                                     Umm.. let's not get Ahead of the Game, OK? - (Ashton)
                                     Who says it is a pack of lies? - (ben_tilly)
                         Gads, that was depressing. Good, but depressing. -NT - (ben_tilly) - (20)
                             He spent a lot of time saying what was wrong. - (static) - (19)
                                 He made it clear what his alternate solution was - (ben_tilly) - (18)
                                     That was clear? - (static) - (17)
                                         It was to me - (ben_tilly) - (16)
                                             Yup. Was clear in the 1st paragraph with ref to the Soviets. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                             Are you now, then, agreeing with me? - (bepatient) - (12)
                                                 Aggreeing with you on what? -NT - (ben_tilly)
                                                 You are assuming he agrees - (imric) - (10)
                                                     Oh I know. - (bepatient)
                                                     And that was a bad assumption - (ben_tilly) - (8)
                                                         *chuckle* - (imric) - (7)
                                                             One of us made a sign error -NT - (ben_tilly) - (6)
                                                                 Both? Cancelling out? -NT - (imric) - (4)
                                                                     Nope... - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                                                                         My "don't disagree?" - (imric) - (2)
                                                                             D'oh, I know what I MEANT to write... -NT - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                                                                 Heehee - (imric)
                                                                 Well, and odd number of sign errors anyway -NT - (drewk)
                                             I must not be his target audience. -NT - (static) - (1)
                                                 I guess I'm sensitive to the buzzwords he used. -NT - (ben_tilly)

Does that mean my tea's made?
119 ms