IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Blast from the past
Went to a classical concert today. They were playing 1st Concerto by Tchaikovsky. So I remembered a Soviet song whose melody was half-stolen fron the opening of the Concerto. The sample of lirics should explain why I think this belongs in Religion

Lenin is ever alive
Lenin is ever with you
In any pain, hope or joy

Lenin is in your fate
In every happy day
Lenin in you and in me.

(oh, and another good one: Lenin lived, Lenin lives, Lenin shall live. Anyone familiar with Jewish lithurgy would recognise this instantly)

------

179. I will not outsource core functions.
--
[link|http://omega.med.yale.edu/~pcy5/misc/overlord2.htm|.]

New Opiate of the masses.
Alex

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. -- Bertrand Russell
New Or Catholicism
The part of the Mass called the "Mystery of Faith".

"Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again".

This is the "mystery of faith" which we proclaim in every celebration of the Eucharist. Jesus Christ, the Priest of the new and eternal Covenant has redeemed the world by his Blood. Risen from the dead, he has gone to prepare a place for us in his Father\ufffds house. In the Spirit who has made us God's beloved children, in the unity of the Body of Christ, we await his return with joyful hope.

Peace be with you,
Amy

Oh Freddled Gruntbuggly!
New Well, with the Jewish one,
it's a direct translation, word for word. The only thing left out is "forevermore" at the end. Somebody must have unconsciously remembering something from "mestechko" childhood.

(edit: Ooops, I was wrong. The Jewish one is "was king, is king, will be king". Still, close enough)

------

179. I will not outsource core functions.
--
[link|http://omega.med.yale.edu/~pcy5/misc/overlord2.htm|.]

Expand Edited by Arkadiy Oct. 9, 2005, 11:08:25 PM EDT
New Ah.

Oh Freddled Gruntbuggly!
New In that vein -
er, no pun intended, but it Could be fun amongst the both faithful and possessed of a tad-left of humor.

You might catch re-runs of euGene Scott PhD on local appropriate channel
Here: the ex-ABC? now Ind. Channel 4 gets him ~1 AM.
(He be daid, but his videos have Everlasting Life)

I sometimes leave him on while working
(and go in periodically to scowl at one of his whiteboards full of Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek.. and the occasional glyph from elsewhere - he's a Stanford Linguist-degree Whore.. Pride goeth before The Fall cha cha)

It's decent psych practice IMO: hearing the emotional-quavers as he would focus {intensely} on the various symbolisms of The Blood.. and be visibly pondering his (im?)mortality; on-screen. Not making-this-up -- CLOSE-ups are Revealing And he was er, pre-death-ish on the recent series.

Often they pan across the audience. Interesting expressions, in addition to the mostly glassy-eyed.
(My bet: not 1:50 has the foggiest about anything he's writing and declaiming about) -- all are listening to/for the repetitive Themes == Why This Is the Right-Stuff and Why:

*YOU* will surely be amongst the Watchers /
not the {enter the Stick-part of the repetition}
/ Boil-ees: whom you'll be a watchin and a-Enjoyin-watchin: from your Lofty Perch.

[Think Burt Lancaster as, Elmer Gantry - but not nearly so Convincing as Burt! ]

Considering the ephemeral nature of the 'spirit-body', about which all these transformatory hortatations are allegedly concerned -- this obsession with The Blood seems the antithesis of 'the arcane'.. just seems ~creepy to moi, but then ...

Happy edificating!

Blast from the past - (Arkadiy) - (5)
         Opiate of the masses. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Or Catholicism - (imqwerky) - (3)
             Well, with the Jewish one, - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                 Ah. -NT - (imqwerky)
             In that vein - - (Ashton)

C:>_
195 ms