I am goinmg to rollover my 401K into an IRA, or should I pick something else to roll it over into like a personal 401K that is not tied to my employment at a company to keep it?
I could be wrong, but I believe only companies can have a 401K (i.e. no "personal" 401K). IRAs allow you full flexibility in how you invest the funds, particularly if you set it up with a brokerage (e.g. mutual funds, stocks, bonds, money market funds). Roll over the 401K into an existing IRA. Other than reporting the roll-over to the IRS on April 15th, there are no immediate tax consequences.

I am not sure why when you get uninstalled that you have to give up your 401K anyway? I mean if you own stock in that company that let you go you get to keep the stock, right?
Some companies do let you keep a 401K. But, there are costs associated with keeping an account going and the ex-employer may not want to bear it. Even stock in the ex-employer company, if traded publicly, could be transferred to an IRA at a brokerage house. Besides, 401Ks plans typically do not give you a wide choice of investments. Usually there is only a handful of choices.

Any IRA or 401K accounts that have investments into Microsoft rivals? I think after the DOJ decision, that these MS rivals will shoot up in their stock somewhat. That is my prediction anyway.
The stock market is not always rational. Remember the ".com bubble"? :)

Usual disclaimer: INAL, MBA, or financial advisor.