IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Similar, yet not
The initial reporting has been contradicted. The mobile message was a hoax; contrary to what Greek authorities claimed, most passengers were alive when the plane crashed, not frozen.

And related to the Paine Stewart crash: the windows were not frosted over. The F-16 pilots had a clear view into the cabin and the cockpit. So the decompression theory may need some amendment.

Latest reports have it that the plane crashed due to a lack of fuel. Given that it crashed at about the same distance at which it was supposed to land, that was cutting it awful close. So even without the air supply problems, this flight had a good chance of getting in trouble.

Right now, this is a complete mess and no one has any clue what went wrong :(
New Thanks for the update
I'm still a week behind reading my newspapers, and I haven't had time to look into it further. I should have more time next week though. This crash is almost as puzzling at Flight 800 was.

Brenda

"Excel is to math what a Microwave Oven is to cooking!"
     Ask the Pilot___nervous, lately? - (Ashton) - (127)
         I am not big on flying these days. - (bionerd) - (118)
             Me either! - (Nightowl) - (1)
                 There was going to be a comment here. - (pwhysall)
             Oh, for the love of... -NT - (mmoffitt) - (26)
                 You cant dispute that an unusually high number of - (bionerd) - (25)
                     Yes, I can. - (pwhysall) - (9)
                         Up 300% over last year -NT - (tuberculosis) - (6)
                             Need to see number of flights. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                 Dunno without checking, but in the millions -NT - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                     Anecdotal is travel is up. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                         My answer made as much sense as that chart - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                             I got it. -NT - (bionerd)
                             And the year before that? - (pwhysall)
                         That chart - (bionerd) - (1)
                             Noticed how "casualty" has morphed to mean "fatality"? - (Another Scott)
                     Yes, I can. And you don't get any slack ... - (mmoffitt) - (14)
                         Plane age does figure into it - (tuberculosis) - (3)
                             In theory, I agree. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                 There *was* that air Hawaii flight where the roof peeled off - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                     Yeah, and then there was this. - (mmoffitt)
                         Um... - (Another Scott) - (2)
                             IF... the condition of Omnipresence. Slowww Learners R'us -NT - (Ashton)
                             Heh. - (mmoffitt)
                         good lord - (bionerd) - (5)
                             Re: good lord - (Nightowl) - (4)
                                 s/propose/purport/ - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                     Neuroses? - (Ashton) - (2)
                                         Note that it's a *foolish* consistency. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                             Well.. methinks that the Great Ones were! - (Ashton)
                         Another crash (new thread) - (bionerd)
             Utter nonsense. - (pwhysall) - (87)
                 Wot 'e said. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                 Aye. I often point out - (imric) - (77)
                     Re: Aye. I often point out - (Nightowl)
                     And you'd be wrong in that - (ben_tilly) - (75)
                         dunno about safety but comfort factor is 500 miles - (boxley) - (74)
                             Not if you fly yourself ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt) - (73)
                                 Re: Not if you fly yourself ;0) - (Nightowl) - (72)
                                     False sense of security - (Steve Lowe) - (71)
                                         Well.. occasionally planes manage to run into each other too - (Ashton) - (1)
                                             One can do even more in a small aircraft. - (mmoffitt)
                                         What do I do? - (Nightowl) - (68)
                                             Love. It. - poor/smart person's Hummer. Laugh --> bank. -NT - (Ashton) - (38)
                                                 Nit: maybe not the bank with gas nearly $3/gal. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (37)
                                                     Re: Nit: maybe not the bank with gas nearly $3/gal. - (Nightowl)
                                                     I play a really small violin for thee - (pwhysall) - (35)
                                                         Pick some up when you pick up the London Bridge. - (Another Scott) - (11)
                                                             Up to \ufffd1/litre in places. - (pwhysall) - (6)
                                                                 Hey. I wasn't whynghyng. Twas a Q about the changes. - (Another Scott)
                                                                 Just wait. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                                                     Atlanta has a 7 day supply left and pipelines are off - (boxley) - (3)
                                                                         It's all about the local vacations now. -NT - (admin) - (1)
                                                                             Detroit, here you come.. -NT - (bionerd)
                                                                         Moved early. As of 10am it's $3.29 here. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                                             I think Peter's got a point. - (static) - (3)
                                                                 0.88 USD / Liter here now - (admin) - (2)
                                                                     Yes, that's a problem. -NT - (static) - (1)
                                                                         RE: Your .sig: Hey, how'd you make the Reversed "d"? - (folkert)
                                                         But is your commute over 30 miles each way? -NT - (ben_tilly) - (22)
                                                             What's that got to do with the zen of cucumbers? -NT - (pwhysall) - (5)
                                                                 economic pain = price*quantity - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                                                                     That'd be your choice, then. - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                                                         Yes, it would. As I said up front. - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                                                             Any remote chance: a ride-pool sorta thing, given 'hours' ? -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                                                 Nope. I have odd hours. And they move a lot. -NT - (ben_tilly)
                                                             Mine's 57 miles each way. - (mmoffitt) - (15)
                                                                 Gocha beat...63 miles each way - (jb4) - (14)
                                                                     I'd say both of you ought to consider relocation -NT - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                                                                         Heh. - (mmoffitt)
                                                                         In this housing market, - (jb4)
                                                                     Pshaw - (bepatient) - (10)
                                                                         Wanna borrow my cycle? - (Ashton) - (9)
                                                                             I've been thinking along those lines - (bepatient) - (8)
                                                                                 I had fewer problems on TPK and GSP - (imric)
                                                                                 Just bought one - (Steve Lowe) - (3)
                                                                                     Synchronicity! - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                                                         Rode it some tonight - (Steve Lowe) - (1)
                                                                                             Oh Yeah: Always renew! - (Ashton)
                                                                                 Not sure you'd wanna ride 2 wheels in a NJ winter... - (jb4) - (1)
                                                                                     I did it one Cleveland winter - (hnick)
                                                                                 So had a co-worker - (ben_tilly)
                                             COAST - (pwhysall) - (4)
                                                 That's GOOD! - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                     COAST in depth, by a UK trafpol from another forum: - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                         Saved for distribution. - (Ashton)
                                                 CRAP - (tuberculosis)
                                             Oh lovely, it runs in the family. - (CRConrad) - (23)
                                                 Yeah, I wondered about that. - (pwhysall)
                                                 especially the car he was driving - (boxley) - (20)
                                                     Re: especially the car he was driving - (Nightowl) - (19)
                                                         Feh. - (pwhysall) - (18)
                                                             I beg to differ - (Nightowl)
                                                             You didn't drive much when you were here, did you? - (drewk) - (16)
                                                                 So? - (pwhysall) - (14)
                                                                     You've never driven the Southfield Freeway, either. - (admin)
                                                                     So? - (Nightowl) - (12)
                                                                         I mean a different thing, it seems. - (pwhysall) - (11)
                                                                             Re: I mean a different thing, it seems. - (Nightowl) - (10)
                                                                                 Shiny things. Look in them occasionally. - (pwhysall) - (9)
                                                                                     That's what I'm telling you - (drewk) - (7)
                                                                                         Exactly - (Nightowl)
                                                                                         Some of the worst one *I* know about... - (folkert) - (5)
                                                                                             I'm thinking PA Tunrpike - (drewk) - (3)
                                                                                                 Buncha wimps - (broomberg) - (2)
                                                                                                     Might just be Darwin in action... - (jb4)
                                                                                                     There are multiple evolved strategies for this problem - (ben_tilly)
                                                                                             Hmmm - spent a couple summers at 119-14 Union Tpke - (Ashton)
                                                                                     Bikers in all-black on black cycles should be banned. - (static)
                                                                 That depends on area - (ben_tilly)
                                                 Actually, no - (Nightowl)
                 Maybe there IS something to be said for roundabouts... - (jb4) - (5)
                     Re: Maybe there IS something to be said for roundabouts... - (pwhysall) - (4)
                         trouble is all those dam cars going the wrong way -NT - (boxley)
                         OMFG! "Magic Roundabout" -NT - (drewk) - (2)
                             Designed to trap Americans, I think - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                 "Look kids! Big Ben! Parliament! Look kids! Big Ben! Par..." -NT - (Meerkat)
                 Re: Utter nonsense. - (Nightowl) - (1)
                     Five whole accidents? - (pwhysall)
             I'm not afraid! - (imqwerky)
         Don't forget - (imqwerky) - (2)
             Similar, yet not - (scoenye) - (1)
                 Thanks for the update - (Nightowl)
         Love.It.__Predictable statistics rants, Guys - (Ashton) - (4)
             And in English? - (pwhysall) - (3)
                 Yes, there is that, too.. - (Ashton) - (2)
                     And the current direction /is/ down... - (pwhysall) - (1)
                         Reminds of a WW-II story - (Ashton)

*pssst* Wanna buy a watch?
231 ms