IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Well if you're going to get picky on me...
Seriously...most households have a small cake pan. If you don't have a custard cup, then a mug of any sort will do. ( C'mon, be resourceful now :) ) The only thing that is getting dirty is the mug with the egg in it. Boiling water can be done in the microwave in 3 minutes.

And, truth be told, you can poach an egg in the microwave, but I really think that is cheating :-D

FWIW,

Peace,
Amy

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in sideways totally worn out shouting 'Heilige Sheisse, what a ride!'"

New That's how I do it.
By microwave that is.

One egg. One cocktail glass with about a quarter inch of water (old-fashioned or short highball). 1 to 3 minutes depending on how runny you like it. One piece of toast. Drizzle it with water if you like 'em slimy. Pepper the hell out of it. Enjoy.

I've got a poor man's hollandaise sauce recipe somewhere. I'll post it when I find it. Trailer park Eggs Benedict - yum.
-----------------------------------------
"In this world of sin and sorrow there is always something to be thankful for. As for me, I rejoice that I am not a Republican."
-- H. L. Mencken

Support our troops, Impeach Bush.
D. D. Richards
     How To Poach An Egg - (pwhysall) - (36)
         Eggs are surprisingly complex to cook - (ben_tilly) - (20)
             What an idiot... - (imqwerky) - (5)
                 How many dishes/much prep does that need? - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                     imquerky cooks, Critter does the dishes. What's the problem? -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         No *wonder* he doesn't get drunk in Texas! - (ben_tilly)
                     Well if you're going to get picky on me... - (imqwerky) - (1)
                         That's how I do it. - (Silverlock)
             That does look nasty. - (admin) - (13)
                 Lunacy! Heresy! Burn him! - (pwhysall) - (12)
                     Don't like runny eggs either. I like my eggs... - (ChrisR) - (1)
                         Most particularly like the breasts. - (ben_tilly)
                     dip your bread? - (boxley) - (1)
                         And now we have the question of how to EAT poached eggs - (ben_tilly)
                     We grew up calling them - (imqwerky)
                     Bread? - (Another Scott) - (6)
                         Finally a sane comment - (broomberg) - (5)
                             s/Margarine/Low Fat Spread/ - (pwhysall) - (4)
                                 nasty my precious, puts nasty tasting axel grease on my buns -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                     I don't want to know about your buns... -NT - (pwhysall)
                                 Margarine - unfit for homo-sap consumption. Worse'n Olestra\ufffd -NT - (Ashton)
                                 Yes, margarine was originally made from pig fat . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         Need to add mild vinegar or lemon juice to the water - (bepatient) - (1)
             bingo! - (hnick)
         first buy a egg poaching pan..... simple really - (boxley)
         ObSentientLRPD - (ben_tilly)
         What a mess . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
             That looks splendid - (pwhysall) - (1)
                 Absolutely. - (Andrew Grygus)
         BAH... Poached Eggs are good, but - (folkert)
         So, uh, shouldn't that be "How To Pouch An Egg", then? -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
             Ba-dum TISH, etc :-) -NT - (pwhysall)
         The 'vortex method' is a cruel hoax. - (Andrew Grygus)
         It's all too hard. - (static) - (3)
             No-one else commenting is Australian. :-P -NT - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                 Curses! You figured out my cunning plan! :-) -NT - (static)
             Naah, that really is no surprise: Yeurgh! HTH. -NT - (CRConrad)

I'm gonna grab you by your Supercut and shake you like a fresh glowstick!
273 ms