IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Dangit. No images? Here's a link instead.
[link|http://home.pacbell.net/ts_eliot/images/dslsnafu.gif|Click me]
---------------------------------
A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly by the chain of their own ideas;...despair and time eat away the bonds of iron and steel, but they are powerless against the habitual union of ideas, they can only tighten it still more; and on the soft fibres of the brain is founded the unshakable base of the soundest of Empires."

Jacques Servan, 1767
New For anyone who scratched their head like I did
I solved it by buying another $400 router to put in between the firewall and existing routers. Hope this helps anyone in a similar situation.
A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly by the chain of their own ideas;...despair and time eat away the bonds of iron and steel, but they are powerless against the habitual union of ideas, they can only tighten it still more; and on the soft fibres of the brain is founded the unshakable base of the soundest of Empires."

Jacques Servan, 1767
New confused, shoulda worked?
My Dreams arn't as empty as my concience seems to be
New Me too.
Apparently the LAN side of those cheap DSL routers aren't as smart at routing packets appropriately as the WAN side--I thought I could build a bush but had to build a tree instead.

I'm still confused. But I don't have the time to waste being confused anymore--big SW package to roll out by May. I went for the quick and dirty.

Jacques Servan, 1767
     Fun with DSL - (tseliot) - (7)
         a smart hub and adjacent ip's should work fine - (boxley) - (6)
             Figured that was right but wasn't sure. Thanks! - (tseliot)
             Okay, how much smarter than me do the hubs have to be? - (tseliot) - (4)
                 Dangit. No images? Here's a link instead. - (tseliot) - (3)
                     For anyone who scratched their head like I did - (tseliot) - (2)
                         confused, shoulda worked? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                             Me too. - (tseliot)

Curse this game.
65 ms