IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Interesting review of a Segway
Courtesy of [link|http://davenet.userland.com/2001/12/10/daveWinerOnASegway|Dave Winer].

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New This is what I guessed too.
As others have noted - the 'sidewalk resentment' angle is ~ same as early days of the motor-car vs horses: you had to have a guy waving a flag. People will get over that, unless users behave as assholish as they do in cars. Ok.. they Won't get over that :(

It's gotta be a lot more Fun than a computer game (ducks under console). Particularly liked his comment on getting off - a new way that isn't at all like 'walking'.

Imagine rentals at airports! Those Hitler/Speer-designed enclosed, interminable 'walk' ways: with all that crap slung over your shoulder. Put magic marker tags which sound alarms if you try to take one out of its area. Charge $, \ufffd appropriate to the utility and the Fun - gets public notice and converts. (He should subsidize these)

See? Any idiot can be a 'marketer'.

A.
New Ya know what? I want one!
'specially as now I have a 20-minute walk to work from the railway station. The hills and slopes are not steep, but the daily exercise morning and evening is making me verra tired... *yawn*... by the weekend.

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New Welcome to the world of duality - (and inept marketing)
That daily exercise is prolly extending your dice-throw chances of living long enough to be a curmudgeon (vs. your cohorts' atrophied butts.. in those leather Beemer seats). :=\ufffd

But I know whatcha mean.. This appears to be a masterpiece of ergonomic cleverness; undoubtedly these solutions to "artificial human-style balance" will only produce spin-offs everywhere. And remember: yuppies everywhere - spend more than this for a >> Look-at-Me << wristwatch or Aitch Dee Tee Vee to watch other people.. do sports while they ingest triple-bacon cheeseburgers.

I predict: motorcycles for wimps! prolly no heavier than a genu-wine US-made Hog (Harley) with a moveable mass near the CG. This akin to the technique as is used in tall builings now, to damp out wind oscillations. While not Complete-idiot proof, it could force proper weight shift in turns, so as to maintain equilibrium of the opposing but vertically skewed centri -petal -fugal force vectors.

--->
[CG]*
____|<---

If this guy's Ego isn't as big as a Billy, he'll subsidize the first thousand or so, get the cost down to $1-1.5K and join the Chateau Lafitte for lunch set. And he'll do this *now*. For a measly $50K - I'll 'splain to him how. (I'm the one who missed buying Sony stock at \ufffd360 ($1)/share then.. wayback. Perfect credentials: not to be stoopid twice.)

Ashton Marketing for Maladroits Ltd.
You invent it.
We'll tell ya what ya got, dummy.

PS: It's gotta have a pleasant beep-beep horn like the Roadrunner.
New Looks interesting
At least they aren't ridden like in the South Park parody, episode [link|http://southparkstudios.com/down/guide.html?id=511|511], "the 3rd flexi grip is gently inserted into the anus to keep the driver in place"

Darrell Spice, Jr.

[link|http://home.houston.rr.com/spiceware/|SpiceWare] - We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore

New Proposed models connect directly to wallet.
Wait for the Yuppie-Kid Model: parent beeper causes machine to head for home. (With/without-YK = upgrade option). Next will come the back-pack battery - for those long treks across the Sierra.. (Special organic batteries too - when depleted, they make a fine soup)

Ashton Wagg-Ed Ltd.
New Probably one of the more obscene episodes...
Fortunately, I've only heard the rumors... :-P
Regards,

-scott anderson
New It was
I was shocked that they got away with it.

I did like the running joke that it was "better than dealing with the airlines". Airport hassle is what caused Mr. Garrison to build it in the first place.

Darrell Spice, Jr.

[link|http://home.houston.rr.com/spiceware/|SpiceWare] - We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore

New as it happens...
I was in an airport last night standing in a gate area and a police officer rode by on a bicycle obviously going somewhere in a hurry. I immediately thought "he needs a Segway". A Segway is smaller, faster, more maneuverable, doesn't fatigue the rider and can be operated with just one hand; leaving one's pistol hand free ... 8-)
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New Stopped watching...
I stopped watching that show about a year ago. They stopped having original ideas, and degenerated into attempts to gross out the public.

The more I hear about where they're going these days, the more horrified I am that it's still being shown.
-YendorMike

"The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by the skeptics or the cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need people who dream of things that never were." - John F. Kennedy
     Interesting review of a Segway - (static) - (9)
         This is what I guessed too. - (Ashton) - (2)
             Ya know what? I want one! - (static) - (1)
                 Welcome to the world of duality - (and inept marketing) - (Ashton)
         Looks interesting - (SpiceWare) - (5)
             Proposed models connect directly to wallet. - (Ashton)
             Probably one of the more obscene episodes... - (admin) - (3)
                 It was - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                     as it happens... - (cforde)
                 Stopped watching... - (Yendor)

Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.
183 ms