IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New John Walker warns of bioterror attacks within days
[link|http://www.washtimes.com/national/20011212-85319822.htm|Should we believe him?]

Excerpt:

John Walker Lindh, the Taliban guerrilla captured near Mazar-e-Sharif, said in intelligence debriefings at the U.S. Marine Corps base near Kandahar that "Phase II" of al Qaeda's war against the United States will occur at the end of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, which ends Sunday.
Mr. Lindh told U.S. intelligence officials that the Ramadan attack will involve the use of biological weapons.
A third phase of al Qaeda's war on the United States will result in the destruction of the entire country, the Islamic convert stated.
The officials said they have questioned the credibility of Mr. Lindh's claim because of his relatively low-level position.
[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfir...e/index.html]
Sometimes "tolerance" is just a word for not dealing with things.
New Probably propaganda...
...used by the Taliban bigwigs to keep the troops loyal. Still, it wouldn't hurt to check it out.

BTW, still looking for a response to my comment yesterday, re: if Liberals are to blame for this guy, then are Conservatives to blame for neo-Nazis and survivalist gun nuts?
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New Re: Should we believe him?
Well of course. He is obviously well informed as to OBL's plans and intentions. Gosh, how could you not believe him? He probably drew up the plans himself.

/sarcasm
When I visit the aquarium, the same thought keeps running through my mind;
Leemmmooonnn, Buuttteerrr, MMMmmmmmm good!
New Re: And posted them in code on the net :-)

What still interests me is how much advice he was giving Al-Qaeda on how & where to attack US citizens
(power stations - water supplies - etc:). How much advice has he passed on to Al-Qaeda about what
would hurt US citizenry most.

This guy appears to be a snake & until it can proven otherwise I would treat him as a traitor and betrayer.

Doug
New Having no more personal info than anyone else has,
I'd tend to categorize him ~ as the (dead) Columbine HS misfits. You may not be familiar with the general milieu of US high schools, and my present familiarity is natch - hearsay, but some is first-person.

As everywhere, it's about working out the pecking order in the flock. Peculiar to US may be the xtreme allegiance given to the Right Logos\ufffd on all clothes, the necessity that males' 'pant's resemble size XXL, worn by a size S body (with the legs scrunched up over the shoes).. and more such bizarre but *meticulous* ritual. Anyone capable of original or different thought is unlikely to be welcome in the various ultra-conforming sub-groups. Actively ridiculing the herd! (even softly) causes the herd to close-in for warmth, conjure up nasties (like everyone is doing about this looser - here).

From what I recall hearing snatches of - this kid was quiet (a no-no in Rah-Rahland) and ~ YAN 'misfit'. Some take this Lord of the Flies BS in stride, consider the source and never look back after leaving jerkwater classmates behind forever. Others mope along for years or decades, maybe don't ever achieve the emotional maturity as would enable them to finally see: previous assholes as assholes. They whine or get lots of pill prescriptions - and more or less enjoy the misery (?)

A few - seem to go nutzo. Like this one. To ascribe to this guy (this early) some premeditated intention to blow things up is IMhO at best premature and - it's kicking a dead horse. How he got from "trying to bond with my brothers in Islam" to --> that hell hole: we have yet to get an inkling. It's all projection and agit-prop: precisely like the WW-II posters of Buck-toothed Japs. I saw those.

(But this is becoming Ashcroft's Post-Constitution Murica 1.00a - so prolly we'll hang him.. and then the reporters will sell magazines about his life, later.)

Ashton
New Re: Gotta kurnfess that at first ...

I felt a sympathy for him, but then Spann's death & the circumstances began to bother me & I began to strongly suspect that Walker had passed on comments & info to his 'taliban' mates that perhaps led to the attack on Spann 1st thing next morning - this may be quite off beam but as I said - I would like to try to get answers.

I can't honestly say I like what I heard of Spann but the guy had a bloody tough job to do & someone has to do that kind of dirty work. If Spann was set up by Walker's weakness with his Talibuddies, then Walker is dirt. This is just my speculation. But after learning more about what an arrogant asshole Walker had been (his web shit) I began to suspect that he had his nose right up his Talibuddies backsides & would possibly have sold any American & American citizens to hell.

I don't have any proof other than a growing suspicion of how deep his betrayal might have gone. Only time & God may ever reveal all the facts.

If it were proved that he was in anyway instrumental in US deaths or a happy participant in activities planned to cause US deaths then I would be willing to take responsibility for pulling the trapdoor lever under his feet. The more I think back on the muderous intent of the Sept 11 terrorists and their backers and minions, the meaner I feel about being nice to the backers & minions.

Cheers

Doug

New I don't know, don't care, and it doesn't matter
I really don't see what the fuss is about. He wanted to be a Talib, implemented his decision, and carried through.
So why are we treating him special? Let the N.A. deal with him as they are the rest of his comrades. If they are letting surrendered prisoners go, then let him go. If they are mutilating them or killing them, let them do it to him.
It's a pity about Spann, but he wasn't there with the Peace Corps or Red Cross. Kinda goes with the paycheck. It doesn't require special treatment either.
On the other paw, I wouldn't let him back into the U.S. any more than we would any other Taliban operative. Responsibility for ones actions can be a bitch.

Regards,
Hugh
New He's an American citizen
I'd say giving him his rights as a citizen is by far the lesser evil. We need to draw that line and defend it.
[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfir...e/index.html]
New Oh we *Will*! Red meat to keep the testosterone flowing
as the bang-bang- shoot 'em up Action Movie phase goes into remission. Briefly. 'Short attention span' isn't a cliche; it's The Murican Peepul, whose needs must be accommodated, if you wanna fund Vast ABM $tuff, complete [oil] the dismantling of Bill/Rights and get on with [oil] agenda? And.. we may suppose: they do. Want that.

ie Show trial: for the daily Five Minutes of Hate against Oceania - 'member That?

A.
Got [oil] ?
New actually not a bad idea
take ole john, crank up the protein to 200 mgs per day, steak, shrimp or tofu fer about a week. Throw a martini a day into him under dr. orders of course. I wouldnt expect him to denounce the Islamic religion but his head would clear and reasoning return.
thanx,
bill
deprogrammer extrodinaire
give me your cultic refugees I will make them over into my image
"fat and a little drunk on the side"

tshirt front "born to die before I get old"
thshirt back "fscked another one didnja?"
New He's an American citizen ?
Responsibilities of citizens come before rights of citizens.
He is responsible for his actions.
He wished to be Talib. He got it.
Let him live with the choice he talks as it is practiced where he walks it.
He got to pick his own evil. Assuming that it is evil... he could be right... I refuse to defend him, and I don't particularly want to save him.
Personal responsibility, yaknow??

Regards,
Hugh
New Stripping born American citizens?
It's hard to strip a natural-born American citizen of their citizenship.

In fact, unless they renounce their citizenship, it doesn't look a lot like it can be done. There is a law that says if you serve in a foreign army, you lose it, but that's been ignored mostly (eg, those who served with the RAF before the US was at war with Germany, and those who served in China against Japan before the US was at war with Japan.)

It'll be damn hard to convict Walker as a traitor. (Two witnesses to the traitorous acts are required by our constitution.)
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
-- Donald Knuth
New waall a couple of disclaimers
Did he of his own free will Join to fight American troops explicitley? Did he renounce to an American Embassy or Official he was renouncing his citizenship? Joining the Taliban or the Israeli Army or the German Army or the Russian Army or the Fatah Brigade 17 (only) is not a crime. Joining the military of another country is not a crime. Joining the military of a group sworn to overthrow the US is. At the time of his journey to Afghanistan they were not in a status of belligerence with the US. What access did he have to news, intel or anything else that would indicate he was joining a war against his native country.
questions that need to be answered.
Gen Abraham Israeli Army
My dead buds in Rode/Zimbabwe/Chad/ my trip to Afghan land back when.
Dont let the rhetoric hit ya in the ass on the way out :)
thanx,
bill
tshirt front "born to die before I get old"
thshirt back "fscked another one didnja?"
New Precisam\ufffdnte, Box. Hypocrisy abounds in this little play.
Like I said - ya can be on My jury..

Flailing at this fucked-up juvenile outcast from Marin cutesy society (Fairfax! no less) ... for puttin his (metaphysical) money where most folks' mouth only is: is an expected Murican knee-jerk race to judgment.

Yes he mayyy.. have, at some point over there - become aware-enough of the plans of the Saudi Mafia; may even have heard of the fact of 9/11. Maybe not. But connecting his presence in a mere 'Taliban' group of the unwashed (no Lear jets there) and supposing he was some sort of active participant / 'must have' shot at American troops too (??):

That's puerile imagination: we don't know shit about this freaked-out 'joiner of a cult' - yet! (And we may hear next, only a blizzard of jingoistic spin akin to the buck-toothed Japs of WW-II.)

Yes he's "responsible" for certain choices: *just like* the Golden-parachuted CEO of Enron (and his buds and fellow bailees from the ship They Sunk).

We just don't know - WHAT he's 'responsible for' because we don't know about his actions, except: his choosing of a non-Xian! fantasy to replace his earlier Murican-approved fantasy of the world. He was captured as a member of a class: Taliban, herded into capture. Were they all 'soldiers'? Was HE? We gots to SHOW that before we kill him. Or we are ____.

We shall all get to watch this little morality play unfold in the Usual Way\ufffd, shan't we?

Ashton
New The larger issue
If we let them strip an American of his rights just because his rights are inconvenient, we've set a bad precedent. And don't think it won't be misused later on. Our laws, imperfect as they are, are our only real defense against domestic tyranny. I see a slippery slope here. Maybe I'm the only one who sees it - it wouldn't be the first time - but I see it, and I'm pretty sure it's really there.

Okay, so maybe this f***wit kid from Berkeley gets off scot free, thanks to a clever and utterly nihilistic lawyer. That would suck big time, but it wouldn't be the end of the world. But if the government got the idea that it could deprive citizens of their rights and get away with it, that would be the end of the world as we know it, and I would not feel fine.

Now if he can be stripped of his citizenship legally, that's another matter. Just don't do it illegally. And don't deny him his rights as long as he's still a citizen. Otherwise, the word "citizen" will cease to have any real meaning. It'll be just a word they use.

New Seconded.
We're running on empty in full panic mode -- the last conditions under which to pass stupid *$%&(& Millennium- ANYTHING.

Baa Baa Baa
Scared sheep huddling for warmth, and trampling each other in the process.

A.
New Marlowe..you may be running a tad behind...

I see a slippery slope here. Maybe I'm the only one who sees it - it wouldn't be the first time - but I see it, and I'm pretty sure it's really there.

Some of us saw these slippery slopes a long time ago....
New Response to those involved so far...
I didn't think through the citizenship business. You are correct that he should not be stripped of citizenship.
I really shouldn't post when I am in a particularly foul mood. I've been spending too much time recently cleaning up messes caused by irresponsible people, and my buttons got pushed. I apologize for the idiot post.
I'm still unconvinced that it is our responsibility to rescue him, but that's a different arguement, and I haven't thought that through entirely either.
Maybe I can make something out of this after dinner and a couple drinks...

Regards,
Hugh
New Believe there's a natural tendency in all..
(certainly in me) to want to strangle the sucker for.. abject naive stupidity, since we see so much of That.. being rewarded with Golden Parachutes and interviews by the airheads depicted in Tom Tomorrow cartoons :(

[link|http://www.salon.com/comics/tomo/2001/10/08/tomo/index.html|like this earlier one. New one soon!]

(Nothin to do with his particular religious fantasy; he's got lots of company all around - just pure distilled yahoo Dumbth)

A.
     John Walker warns of bioterror attacks within days - (marlowe) - (18)
         Probably propaganda... - (inthane-chan)
         Re: Should we believe him? - (Silverlock) - (16)
             Re: And posted them in code on the net :-) - (dmarker2) - (15)
                 Having no more personal info than anyone else has, - (Ashton) - (14)
                     Re: Gotta kurnfess that at first ... - (dmarker2) - (13)
                         I don't know, don't care, and it doesn't matter - (hnick) - (12)
                             He's an American citizen - (marlowe) - (11)
                                 Oh we *Will*! Red meat to keep the testosterone flowing - (Ashton) - (1)
                                     actually not a bad idea - (boxley)
                                 He's an American citizen ? - (hnick) - (8)
                                     Stripping born American citizens? - (wharris2)
                                     waall a couple of disclaimers - (boxley) - (1)
                                         Precisam\ufffdnte, Box. Hypocrisy abounds in this little play. - (Ashton)
                                     The larger issue - (marlowe) - (4)
                                         Seconded. - (Ashton)
                                         Marlowe..you may be running a tad behind... - (Simon_Jester)
                                         Response to those involved so far... - (hnick) - (1)
                                             Believe there's a natural tendency in all.. - (Ashton)

Have your cake and drink it too!
72 ms