IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Don't be so pessimistic
You keep on thinking that people who think that all which can be measured is to be found in spreadsheets control everything.

Not so!

They merely control everything which can be easily recorded in spreadsheets. As none of friendship, knowledge, or conversation are describable in spreadsheets, they control none of them. In fact your judgement of the value of what they do control is strongly dependent upon how much you share their values.

Do you care about pieces of paper that say people have learned things? Then they are big and powerful, they run universities! Do you care about sitting down and having a fascinating conversation where you learn a lot? Then relax. They don't know what that is, and will fail in taking that away.

Cheers,
Ben
New If you say so.
Quite true. In splendid metaphysical isolation. On that scale: nothing here matters except as a play to be transcended.

Then relax. They don't know what that is, and will fail in taking that away. They thought that in 1933 in the great German Universities too, as Hitler became Chancellor. Ignore these thugs; they don't know what we're about and will leave us alone...

I can quite ignore the trends all around, too. 'They' haven't come for me yet, either! Comfort is a serious drug: don't OD on it.

Ashton
     Hot sauce anyone? - (Silverlock) - (31)
         Holy Smokes! - (wharris2) - (3)
             I'll have to pass - (nking) - (2)
                 OT: Welcome back to your old handle... -NT - (jb4) - (1)
                     OT: thanks - (nking)
         Hottest I've ever tasted - (tuberculosis) - (2)
             Hmmm... - (Yendor)
             Slightly better (for some definitions of better) - (wharris2)
         TWO prescient LRPDs - (Steve Lowe)
         Re: Hot sauce anyone? - (andread)
         3rd prescient LRPD - (Silverlock) - (19)
             How the hell? - (wharris2) - (18)
                 That's easy - use the hottest peppers you can find, plus... - (CRConrad)
                 Must be an extrapolation - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                     Yeah - but at the other end.. - (Ashton)
                     Sure about the definition? - (wharris2)
                 Simple science. - (Ashton) - (12)
                     You made me think of Tom Lehrer... - (a6l6e6x) - (11)
                         Honored by the association.. - (Ashton) - (10)
                             I had to buy a CD of his... - (a6l6e6x) - (9)
                                 H,He;Li,Be,B,C,N,O,F,Ne;Na,Mg,Al,Si,P,S,Cl,A - (Ashton) - (8)
                                     wherever he be - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
                                         Gracias; links saved. - (Ashton) - (2)
                                             Goodbye Mom, I'm off to drop the bomb - (Meerkat) - (1)
                                                 Re: Songbook - (a6l6e6x)
                                     Re: H,He;Li,Be,B,C,N,O,F,Ne;Na,Mg,Al,Si,P,S,Cl,A - (wharris2) - (3)
                                         Well, ya got the basics at least. - (Ashton) - (2)
                                             Don't be so pessimistic - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                                 If you say so. - (Ashton)
                 capsaicin extract - (Silverlock)
         Where's Fizban's? - (static) - (1)
             One jar tabasco? - (wharris2)

May cause dizziness, rash, diarrhea, difficulty in breathing, loss of consciousness, extreme pain, bloody stools, flaccidity, amputation, blindness, suicidal thoughts, insanity, lesions, boils, bubonic plague, anal warts, vomiting up toads and lizards, violent convulsions, death, and likely poltergeist activity.
63 ms