IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Seems pretty painless, mostly.
I've only used it to pay for things. I've never sold anything on eBay, though I've been tempted to look into it....

I did get awfully annoyed with them when they insisted that I "Get Verified" and give them a checking account number. Since the payment then defaults to using the checking account (thereby saving them the 3% or whatever the CC company charges), they save money, but the purchaser no longer gets the 'insurance' provided by the card.

As long as I'm not in a hurry, I can flip it back to the CC and foil their Evil Plan. But it's annoying.

Electronic money transfer by purchasers is a good thing (I remember spending about $50 to Western Union $200 a few years ago). I just wish it were a little more transparent than PayPal.

Cheers,
Scott.
New The purchaser gets "insurance"...
...through PayPal itself if you use the direct-from-checking-account payment method. I still like to use the credit card, though....
jb4
shrub\ufffdbish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New They charged me to set up that "free" account
Needless to say, that account didn't last long...
     May the Force be with your lawn - (SpiceWare) - (79)
         Nasty - (jbrabeck)
         And something for the serious Star Wars collecter... - (Steven A S) - (77)
             Re: And something for the serious Star Wars collecter... - (Nightowl) - (76)
                 Return of the Suck? - (pwhysall) - (75)
                     Sorry, no can do - (Nightowl) - (74)
                         Sell 'em on eBay. - (pwhysall) - (73)
                             Wow, Peter, you really have a hate on. - (inthane-chan) - (9)
                                 Nah - (Nightowl)
                                 It just gets on my tits. - (pwhysall) - (7)
                                     Re: It just gets on my tits. - (Nightowl) - (6)
                                         This is what I mean. - (pwhysall) - (5)
                                             Not R-rated - (Nightowl) - (4)
                                                 I know that. - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                                     Sorry - (Nightowl) - (2)
                                                         Yes, I miss sarcasm too. - (admin) - (1)
                                                             :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                             I don't trust E-bay - (Nightowl) - (62)
                                 So he's not going to do the final 3 episodes? - (Silverlock) - (10)
                                     It is a 9 part series. - (folkert)
                                     According to Lucas, no - (Nightowl)
                                     Didn't I hear something about a TV series? - (ChrisR) - (7)
                                         You heard right - (Nightowl) - (6)
                                             It's not very sadistic or violent. - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                                 That just means there's no sex involved. -NT - (ChrisR) - (1)
                                                     what! Im not going then :-) -NT - (boxley)
                                             We all know that Evil will triumph... - (ChrisR) - (2)
                                                 Funny, you don't look Druish..... -NT - (n3jja) - (1)
                                                     I knew it, I'm surrounded by Assholes! -NT - (Steven A S)
                                 Why don't you trust eBay? -NT - (ben_tilly) - (46)
                                     Well, it's simple - (Nightowl) - (44)
                                         The risk is worthwhile -NT - (ben_tilly) - (24)
                                             For some, maybe. - (Nightowl) - (23)
                                                 *splutter* - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                     It's not all about John - (Nightowl)
                                                 You infer that ebay isn't a reputable site. - (Steve Lowe) - (14)
                                                     I've never had an issue. - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                         My brother recently bought a bass guitar. - (Steve Lowe) - (1)
                                                             Must be nice to have big hands... - (jb4)
                                                     Re: You infer that ebay isn't a reputable site. - (Nightowl) - (9)
                                                         I don't know why your brother got "ripped off" - (jb4) - (8)
                                                             Re: I don't know why your brother got "ripped off" - (Nightowl) - (7)
                                                                 Your brother did it to himself, then. - (admin) - (6)
                                                                     I use Postal Money Orders. - (n3jja) - (5)
                                                                         That's what I did before I finally got a PayPal account. -NT - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                                             Had that once. Got rid of it. - (n3jja) - (3)
                                                                                 Seems pretty painless, mostly. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                                                     The purchaser gets "insurance"... - (jb4)
                                                                                     They charged me to set up that "free" account - (scoenye)
                                                     Naah, she *implies* it. She wants *you* to infer it. HTH! -NT - (CRConrad)
                                                 Plan to use it for 10 items, then get back to me - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                                                     Latest example - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                         No real problems here either. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                             Hehehe - (Nightowl)
                                                 A bit of history: - (jb4) - (1)
                                                     Not that it matters - (Nightowl)
                                         It's got the best privacy and protection policies, IMHO - (pwhysall) - (18)
                                             Selling, maybe - (Nightowl) - (15)
                                                 He sent money? - (jbrabeck)
                                                 Cash or Equivalent? - (bepatient) - (13)
                                                     Yep, he made a mistake - (Nightowl) - (12)
                                                         What's annoying... - (pwhysall) - (11)
                                                             Kinda like - (jbrabeck) - (8)
                                                                 Eggzackly. -NT - (pwhysall)
                                                                 It's quite thyme, though. And rather rosemary. HTH! :-) -NT - (CRConrad) - (6)
                                                                     Didn't know what you were talking about - (jbrabeck) - (4)
                                                                         But now you've orphaned my half of Scarborough Fair! :-) - (CRConrad) - (3)
                                                                             :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                             Partly sage ... - (jbrabeck)
                                                                             Nahhh.. yer just good at parsleying the doggerel here :-\ufffd -NT - (Ashton)
                                                                     Re: It's quite thyme, though. And rather rosemary. HTH! :-) - (Nightowl)
                                                             Re: What's annoying... - (Nightowl)
                                                             Suggestion... (new thread) - (jb4)
                                             It's quite simple, really: Brenda is even worse than your... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                 "After all, it isn't only not just the words, isn't it?"-HN -NT - (Another Scott)
                                     Teehee - (pwhysall)
                                 But, eBay fights crime! - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
                                     And so do stupid criminals! - (bionerd) - (2)
                                         Don't be so critical - (hnick) - (1)
                                             'Common'? - why.. it's a meeja-sponsored Growth Industry! -NT - (Ashton)

Weapon of choice.
95 ms