IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New From what you say, I gather you would not excited about...
the Israeli practice of secret military tribunals, in absentia, with a surprise execution by a guided missle. A putative democracy in an undeclared war.

Help me understand the difference between this and Ashcroft's approach.
Alex

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. -- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)
Expand Edited by a6l6e6x Dec. 7, 2001, 04:29:45 PM EST
New First...
...I would hope we had the guy/gal/whoever.

Second...I don't like the idea of secret anything...except where it may be done outside of the press. That kind of secret I can deal with. Without ANY oversight...well I don't like that at all...and I believe I've stated such over and over again.

And aren't we already executing a sentence by guided missile? So your point would be???
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Re: First...
I agree with you on the improved process.

I'll grant you we're using the missiles. But, I don't believe we are targeting single individuals. Perhaps that's only because the intelligence to do that isn't quite there. And, ignoring Clinton's Tomahawk shots into the void, they are not "out of the blue" assassination attempts. No surprises for those on the receiving end. Too fine a point, perhaps.

Alex

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. -- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)
     Ashcroft snubs *fear-mongering* critics - (Silverlock) - (25)
         I remember the last time I heard such tripe - (jb4) - (1)
             Heh heh heh - (Silverlock)
         He might just have a point, guys. - (bepatient) - (22)
             RE: You've not seen any of these things tested or fully... - (mmoffitt) - (10)
                 For all that I've seen... - (bepatient) - (9)
                     OK, now let's ask the REAL question. - (jb4)
                     What about the 100's locked up here? - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                         And? - (bepatient) - (1)
                             Again, the same bet applies - (ben_tilly)
                     From what you say, I gather you would not excited about... - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                         First... - (bepatient) - (1)
                             Re: First... - (a6l6e6x)
                     Key point that is conveniently ignored - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                         You have made all my points. -NT - (boxley)
             He has a point.... - (Simon_Jester)
             I'm not, but he may be - (jb4)
             Yes. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                 It is different. - (mmoffitt)
             whats that document he swore to uphold again? Consomething? - (boxley) - (6)
                 Re: whats that document he swore to uphold again? Consomethi - (wharris2) - (5)
                     Yeh! Show some respect of your elders and betters. :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                     He is from Missouri the show me state and from personal - (boxley) - (3)
                         EZ there, Box: remember "The Missouri Compromise" ? - (Ashton)
                         Thanks - (nking) - (1)
                             Norm, ya gotta stop playin the Straight man.. -NT - (Ashton)

No operating system found
83 ms