IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It's almost winter, so..
For you MCSEs who don't get out much, what with rebooting and all:

Don't eat YELLOW snow !!

This message brought to you by The Advertising Council of the Republican National Committee.
Your tax rebates at work.
New Almost winter?!?!? It's been in the 70s this week in DC!
New He's from California... They's different there...
New Hey,,,meet you for pancakes...
..at St Alphonzo's...Nanook!

I'll be the one wearing the sear's poncho.
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Deal: Me be the one.. burning the Walmart poncho, outside.
New OK...but don't jive me with your cosmic debris.

New Everyone knows: white Economists can't dance..
New Have you seen us, Uncle Remus?
[link|http://globalia.net/donlope/fz/lyrics/Apostrophe_(').html|we look pretty sharp in these clothes!]

Excuse me...I've got to go knock the little jockeys off the rich people's lawns.

And before they get up...I'll be gone.

New Ya got me.. Zappa's CV prolly stopped (for me) with
She's Leaving Home - forget album, Hot Rats, Weasels Ripped My Flesh and a few others. Never could remember much beyond the 'event', performance - it was one o' those Happenings, Man !! Now there was.. a SF performance when the crowd wanted Louie Louie, and Z. was so pissed at the banality - they cut it reeel short. Loved. It.

Dominus Vo-bisque 'em
Et come spear a tu-tu,

(Gilbert & Sullivan drop acid)

[link|http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~splat/Ian_Underwood.html|Ian Underwood] I knew when he was playing Mozart! (piano) and I saw him at Zappa's a couple times in the '70s.. but our different planets overlapped only slightly: the satire we both grokked to fullness, o'course. But re the music - I'm a conservative. 12-tone was hard enough :-\ufffd

Ian's was a flat-out example of, tuning in / dropping out / overnight. Kewl er blow your mind is the translation.

So I flat-out missed your ref. and winged it on 'weather' - lame, but improvisation is all there is - except re-runs ;-)

Cheers,

Ashton
Zappa Lives! as long as little cheeldrun are being fed a ration of glop and are.. Leaving Home
New OOps.. forgot 'boutchoo folks stuck in those backwaters
where.. ya can't find surf, turf & mountains an hour or two away.

But hey! I gots *pictures* of real snow in the Berkeley Hills - several inches.. why we even made a snow-critter, used the left-over snowballs as... the lone neighborhood Repub. drove by in his Lincoln-Humvee convertible, wearing his black shroud. (He was an Economist.)

What we had up here last week was lots of water, but on some cloud-free nights it hit 31 F! So *that's* winter fer us. Sorry 'bout you folks in the slush belt :(

Ashton
bright sunshine tody :-)
New Toddy, toady, or today? Jus' wonderin'...
(Personally, I would of course vote for the second alternative: you Bright Sunshine Toady, you! :-)
   Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Knows Fucking Everything
New Remembering the season reversal down under...
... I found [link|http://www.abc.net.au/news/weather/weath-11dec2001-1.htm|this] news item quite amusing. For the reluctant, a mountain near Hobart, Tasmania, got snowed on this week.

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New In 1974 it snowed in mid-July at Tioga Pass, California.
It's in the Sierra-Nevada mountains and about 9600 feet or 2900 meters (metres) above sea level. I happened to be driving a car and pulling a travel trailer (caravan) heading East. Earlier on the same day, I drove through central California and the outdoor temperature was 108 degrees F (~42 degrees C).

And you wonder why Ashton is the way he is. :)
Alex

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. -- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)
New Tioga Pass: 9945 ft (3013 m)
One of my favorite places on this blue marble. It's the highest east/west highway pass over the Sierra Nevada. I've climbed Mt. Dana, immediately south (13,053 ft) about a half-dozen times, it's one of the easier high-Sierra summits around, with an absolutely spectacular view. I've also been rained, snowed, and hailed on while doing so (but have never had the buzzing hair experience, Gott Sie Danke!).
--
Karsten M. Self [link|mailto:kmself@ix.netcom.com|kmself@ix.netcom.com]
What part of "gestalt" don't you understand?
New Re: Tioga Pass: 9945 ft (3013 m)
Well I did not mean to short change it's height. Some Park brochure says it's [link|http://www.fresnobee.com/man/parks/yose_tioga.html#feet|9991 feet]. YMMV (or is that fotage :)). Besides, Milner Pass in Rcky Mountain National Park is [link|http://www.cronancomputer.com/rmnp/milner_pass.html|10,758 feet].

The car having a fraction of it's power going over Tioga is quite noticeable. The drive down to Mono Lake is something else.
Alex

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. -- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)
New Passes and pickup lines
I love the mountains.

Hit a few memorable passes on the trip, with Independence pass (12,093', phenomenal views in all directions), Monarch (11,312'), North (10,149'), Weston (11,900'), Kebler (9,980'), and Red Mountain (11,008' -- at midnight, in a blinding thunderstorm).

My cross country trip is somewhat comical -- six days from Menlo Park to Badlands, SD. Then one day to Chicago. That's about even distance (as the crow flies) on either side, though I meanded a bit on the western half. Again, from Chicago to Peublo I pretty much drove straight, bat-out-of-hell, lines. Hitting Colorado I ricoched around like a tumbling shot, exiting low and south through Mesa Verde. Colorado is strongly recommended.
--
New Re: Passes and pickup lines
Red Mountain pass is incredible. I've taken the same route, coming from the south, on a motorcycle.

From Durango, over Red Mountain into Ouray was one of the most breathtaking sights I've seen in my life.

Monarch Pass during a blizzard in a '76 Chevette is an experience I don't think I'd want to repeat. Found out later they had closed the pass while we were on it.

Last July, I took my cousin and his wife to Loveland Pass, an hour west of Denver. Was in the 90's here in town, and white-out conditions on top, temp in the 20's. Altitude is 11,992 ft.

And yes, Colorado is recommended. I'll not be leaving, at least willingly :)
-----
Steve
New Ouray
Been there, haven't seen it yet.

That was the tail of a day that started at Leadville and involved some serious stretches of dirt (first choice of road was washed out). Got to Montrose at sunset, the rest of the trip was in the dark. I had no idea of what the location or situation of the town was until I was driving out. The road is narrow and twisting, signed 15-25 MPH. Looking over my shoulder coming around a turn, I realized I wasn't climbing a grade so much as going straight up the canyon wall. The town is tucked into the end of the canyon, with the canyon walls rising straight up, capturing the city glow, which I could make out. This was when I realized that the edge of the road was a sheer drop-off....

Found some [link|http://www.narrowgauge.org/ncmap/excursion7_ouray_photo_gallery.html|good images] through Google.
--
New I love the mountains too.
I remember Monarch Pass on way to [link|http://www.gorp.com/gorp/resource/us_nm/co_black.htm|Black Canyon] on the Gunnison National Park. Half mile shear drop to the river is quite impressive, more so than the mile drop of the Grand Canyon which cascades.
Alex

New Mesa Verde is in Arizona? Around the muggyon rim?
tshirt front "born to die before I get old"
thshirt back "fscked another one didnja?"
New Re: Mesa Verde is in South Western Colorado.
[link|http://www.swcolo.org/tourism/archaeology/mesaverde.html|Mesa Verde County info.] Definitely worth a trip. Not far away from "Four Corners" (Utah, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico)

Muggyon Rim? Only Google link I get is [link|http://www.loe.org/archives/951027.htm|this.]
Alex

New mogollon rim, mountain men called it the muggyowen
mesa verde is in Arizona in the 4 corners area. mesa Verde is also a town in colorado. (forgot about that one.
thanx,
bill
My Dreams arn't as empty as my concience seems to ne
New I'mmmm dreaming of a Green Christmas...

Darrell Spice, Jr.

[link|http://home.houston.rr.com/spiceware/|SpiceWare] - We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore

It's almost winter, so.. - (Ashton) - (22)
         Almost winter?!?!? It's been in the 70s this week in DC! -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
             He's from California... They's different there... -NT - (hnick)
         Hey,,,meet you for pancakes... - (bepatient) - (5)
             Deal: Me be the one.. burning the Walmart poncho, outside. -NT - (Ashton) - (4)
                 OK...but don't jive me with your cosmic debris. -NT - (bepatient) - (3)
                     Everyone knows: white Economists can't dance.. -NT - (Ashton) - (2)
                         Have you seen us, Uncle Remus? - (bepatient) - (1)
                             Ya got me.. Zappa's CV prolly stopped (for me) with - (Ashton)
         OOps.. forgot 'boutchoo folks stuck in those backwaters - (Ashton) - (13)
             Toddy, toady, or today? Jus' wonderin'... - (CRConrad)
             Remembering the season reversal down under... - (static) - (11)
                 In 1974 it snowed in mid-July at Tioga Pass, California. - (a6l6e6x) - (9)
                     Tioga Pass: 9945 ft (3013 m) - (kmself) - (8)
                         Re: Tioga Pass: 9945 ft (3013 m) - (a6l6e6x) - (7)
                             Passes and pickup lines - (kmself) - (6)
                                 Re: Passes and pickup lines - (Steve Lowe) - (1)
                                     Ouray - (kmself)
                                 I love the mountains too. - (a6l6e6x)
                                 Mesa Verde is in Arizona? Around the muggyon rim? -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                     Re: Mesa Verde is in South Western Colorado. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                         mogollon rim, mountain men called it the muggyowen - (boxley)
                 I'mmmm dreaming of a Green Christmas... -NT - (SpiceWare)

Walk without rhythm, and it won't attract the worm.
127 ms