IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New From the trenches..
You are quite right - the 'dialogue' indeed sounds the ipitome of b o r i n g. Especially written as prose.

Ex.
You might be lying on your back, relaxed. Asked to,

Notice your breathing.
Notice how your legs feel. Is there any difference in the way the heel points the foot on left or right leg. Curl the toes of the right foot downwards. Return - now just the big toe ...

Notice your breathing.

Very slowly.. rotate your head to the right. S l o w l y, so that a butterfly perched on your nose would not be scared away (!). Does this seem to occur in small-jerks? Can you find a way to move smoothly? Slower..

Notice your breathing..

Relax the jaw. As you rotate your head right, move your eyes left. Smoothly. Slower. Now let the eyes follow the head ... ...

See? Sounds, well.. And indeed there is much in the voice delivery. And timing. And there are more details explored in various motions; this is a tiny preview.

But when you eventually stand-up (and most people do not know how to do that 'with least energy, stress' etc.!) and slowly walk around: you Notice things. Cumulatively.

I think the largest buffer here is the Murican fantasy of pill pushing for every 'discomfort' - expecting instant remedy requiring 0 participation / just $. Our culture is conditioned to regard all but allopathy as quackish. We are accustomed to this so deeply - all else is easily dismissed as hogwash.

Oink,

Ashton
who treats All 'therapies' skeptically, but will suspend disbelief long enough for an honest try. YMMV with the quality of the practitioner and your effort - as ever.
New Notice your breathing...zzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!
Alex

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. -- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)
     Mental exercise of a sort - (ben_tilly) - (11)
         Heh.. these guys need to get around more. - (Ashton)
         sports psychology - (cforde) - (9)
             A bit more than that I think... - (ben_tilly) - (8)
                 Hm. Surely there might be a few - (Ric Locke) - (7)
                     Ah but you see.. - (Ashton)
                     As Ashton says, not. This is useful though. - (ben_tilly) - (5)
                         Howzabout THIS for a commercial application? - (imric) - (1)
                             Imric: go to your room. No supper; no joystick. -NT - (Ashton)
                         From the trenches.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                             Notice your breathing...zzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                         I'm not ridiculing the technique as such; - (Ric Locke)

Achtung, Laddie!
61 ms