IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Typically too
The inhabitants of Little Havana / Miami Dade - are the cohorts of the US mobsters who were the exploiters. Typically these are portrayed in US agitprop as "the freedom loving antiCommyunist true representatives" of the er Cuban Peepul (cf. The Murican Peepul). I wonder if the name Bautista is ever even mentioned to HS students, in Murican prepared 'text'books nowadays (?)

Hah.. the Calle Ocho folk make Trent Lott look like a 'humanitarian'. Having lost cosa nostra, their dudgeon knows no bounds. I've talked with some (a friend was involved with a Cuban there). None will acknowledge any of the points you mentioned. Of course. It's like trying to talk to a thousand Jerry Foulwells.

That we maintain our blockade in Y2K signifies only - the petulant and predictable behavior of an adolescent mind-set in most all our foreign relations. The juvenile nature is displayed everytime a Murican asks, all teary eyed.. Gosh.. why don't they Like US? Huhh?

Maybe the Marshall Plan was our last genuinely humane policy statement. All since was mere dodging and weaving to embarrass the USSR, win cold-war brownie points: but Never was all that about helping people per se. The dictators and other slime we terror-trained at the

School for the Americas (!) (Ft. Benning?) [Oh the Irony]

Demonstrated for all the world to see - that our actions were purely strategic and on the most maudlin scale of all: sheer maintenance of Power. Screw the inhabitants. That is our legacy in Cuba as in Nacaragua, Guatemala, Chile ... ... And the fantasy of 'otherwise' is now so deeply ingrained (Graham Greene writings notwithstanding) - the Murican Peepul continue to ask the above terminally naive Question:

Even here! and after 9/11.. Can a perennial adolescent Ever grow up?

We'll see..

Ashton
at play in the fields of the lurid.
New The Cubans you decry send $800 million per year to their...
relatives in Cuba, thus propping up that dictatorship. A little irony there.
Alex

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. -- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)
New Of course there's irony! They are People!
Familia trumps the hierarchy Every Time. D'Oh.

And of course.. there is no more 'the average Calle Ocho ex-pat' than.. that other mythical beast, The Murican Peepul.

{sheesh}
I mean simply: the Murican juvenile preoccupation, spin, Hatred! for Fidel == the entire Israel Question too! Stupid Fucking Slogans R'Us (too).

Just as the cold war distilled All Nations\ufffd into daily reciting mantras of Hatred <> EZ Slogans about the sub-humans: their 'adversary' yada yada. It's what juveniles do. And this species demonstrates hourly: it's teen-age acne in all spheres. The mass don't need Gibbon or Dostoyevsky or ___ they gots Dan Rather and Tee Vee. And we get this doggerel.

Meanwhile: the Corporations run the mess for their banal (but ever so simple) aim - all that heavy yellow shiny metal. (or that oozy black fluid, just a surrogate for the metal -and now digital- form).

A.
     More jingoism and oddly, similarities - (TTC) - (36)
         Re: More jingoism and oddly, similarities - (bluke) - (1)
             Re: More jingoism and oddly, similarities - (TTC)
         Do you have anything resembling a point? - (Silverlock) - (11)
             Re: Do you have anything resembling a point? - (TTC) - (10)
                 Ah thats no fun... - (bepatient) - (8)
                     Re: Ah thats no fun... - (TTC) - (7)
                         Devil's advocacy doesn't build understanding. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                             Re: Devil's advocacy doesn't build understanding. - (TTC) - (5)
                                 Interesting. - (bepatient) - (4)
                                     One point about food and medicine - (jake123) - (3)
                                         On Nicaragua - (bepatient) - (2)
                                             So the US has no blame whatsoever? - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                                 No - (bepatient)
                 Re: Keeping mum. - (Silverlock)
         Yup, we're keeping mum. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
             ya wanna keep my mum too? - (boxley)
         OK, I'm confused - (tuberculosis) - (7)
             Thought we were making lease payments on Guantanamo. -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                 I set up shop in a room in your house... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                     not if you were white:) - (boxley)
                 Re: Thought we were making lease payments on Guantanamo. - (tuberculosis)
             Typically too - (Ashton) - (2)
                 The Cubans you decry send $800 million per year to their... - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                     Of course there's irony! They are People! - (Ashton)
         I don't see the problem - (mhuber) - (11)
             Re: I don't see the problem - (TTC) - (10)
                 Let's talk about this --- - (Ric Locke)
                 Carpet bombing with 29 civilian casualties? - (Andrew Grygus)
                 You've hit on an important point... - (screamer) - (7)
                     Ah, you forget TTC still waves Red China's hammer and sicle. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                     Re: You've hit on an important point... - (TTC) - (2)
                         Actually, you are probably right - (screamer) - (1)
                             Re: Actually, you are probably right - (TTC)
                     Al punte mon fr\ufffdre: No Balance of Power today exists.. - (Ashton) - (2)
                         Balance... - (screamer)
                         Next Stop Rollerball :( -NT - (boxley)

For he IS the Kwisatz Haderach!
63 ms