IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Well, I was finding irony in your statement.
A preponderance of religious believers owe their "faith" system to Gods who were created in order to provide meaning to events which could not be explained by any other means. Among primitive people (and when most of the Western religions were started, we are talking about primitive people) whenever some phenomenon in their lives was encountered that current science couldn't explain, they attributed it to the God(s) (see periodic Nile flooding for example). Once the belief systems surrounding these events became hardened, (see the Great Flood for instance) it is considered heresy by the religious to "question The(tm) Good Book" (see Gallileo for yan example).

I just found it curious to hear anyone castigating a non-believer for "failing to ask questions" given that virtually every major Western religion explicitly or at least implicitly forbids asking questions - after all, to ask questions is to "lose your faith" that the embraced religious text has all the answers.
bcnu,
Mikem

Eine Leute. Eine Welt. Ein F\ufffdhrer.
God Bless America.
New I just offered this as an example
of non-sinister origin of religion that a non-believer may subscribe to.

------

179. I will not outsource core functions.
--
[link|http://omega.med.yale.edu/~pcy5/misc/overlord2.htm|.]

You have thin skin then - (ben_tilly) - (37)
         And some who DO - (FuManChu) - (1)
             And some simply believe-in Belief. -NT - (Ashton)
         I do love this sort of thing, really I do. - (ubernostrum) - (13)
             Ooohh - An apt handle, it seems. - (Ashton) - (12)
                 Wow. - (ubernostrum) - (8)
                     It is an artform called - (folkert) - (6)
                         you forgot his double minor in obscurantism and dialectics -NT - (boxley) - (5)
                             Love. It. - serial involute argot-irony. Lo-carbs too! :-\ufffd -NT - (Ashton) - (4)
                                 You're rhubarbing. -NT - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                     Beats fish & chips. -NT - (Ashton) - (2)
                                         But not the squirrels. -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                             Lo, I have become Death. - (Ashton)
                     Coward! - (Ashton)
                 I'd rather have a bottle in front of me - (screamer) - (2)
                     Gawdeamus igitur y'all - - (Ashton) - (1)
                         The only thing dragging with me - (danreck)
         When I say "offensive", I mean literally - (Arkadiy) - (20)
             IEEE Spectrum on outsourcing. (new thread) - (Another Scott)
             Maybe a fair cop on George's anger, of late. - (Ashton)
             Hmmm.... Still trying to understand this. - (mmoffitt) - (15)
                 How is that relevant? - (Arkadiy) - (14)
                     You've got the wrong question - (ben_tilly) - (11)
                         Yes it does offend me - (Arkadiy) - (10)
                             OK then... - (ben_tilly) - (9)
                                 I have nothing to say about Astrology - (Arkadiy) - (8)
                                     And your evidence for this is...? - (ben_tilly) - (6)
                                         Your beliefs do not offend me - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                                             I think the expression is calculated - (hnick)
                                         I don't get what u mean by: rules that govern human behavior - (FuManChu) - (3)
                                             I'm saying that... - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                                 so the fact that darwinism is over 100 years? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                     Of course - (ben_tilly)
                                     An important distinction is being elided in this view. - (Ashton)
                     Well, I was finding irony in your statement. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                         I just offered this as an example - (Arkadiy)
             Correction - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                 Well, I don't know how many times Mr. Carlin encountered - (Arkadiy)

Is it me, or is the band getting bigger?
66 ms