IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Well.. Mkay -
Dunno how much design input in Pegaso\ufffd the Spanish arm had then -?- but I see the implications.

I admit to a prejudice re 'Hispanic' imaginitive abilities (contrary to the rep), based on several hearsay events and my direct experience south of this border. Which I project upon the Mother culture, in my imagination.

That is, when my SO turned an earlier Saab 99 into a bank, to evade an oncoming pindaho cabron -- they managed to straighten that space frame such that 80 mph hands-off was fine. And given that I left out the 'cosmetic body work' part, to be attended later: what they accomplished was - getting the frame/steering within specs despite some still crumpled pieces. Also fabricated a throttle control part to near-perfect dimesions .. from a fuzzy photo. (It was lost in the crunch).

This meant that they Understood what was vital and fdeduced how to compensate for what was still bent - not an obvious equation, nor one soluble by a newbie 'mechanic'.

Altogether - a level of engineering I'd not expect (then) in a US shop, where they'd just order new parts and Lots of them - as was not an option N. of Mexico City.

Guess we'll never know, given the multinational swap meet which has doomed all home growns except for exotics. Homogenized City. (I think it might be fun to do a kit car, were I in the market for more than my present quite adequate wheels. Unlikely, that. Done my share of trajectories and survived. Don't need to do it again. :-)
New Ah, sorry, I was (mostly) being facetious.
Sure the Pegaso was purely Spanish, as its ancestor Hispano-Suiza had mostly become pretty early on in *its* life. And no, I'm sure there's absolutely nothing wrong with Hispanic engineering... When it comes to imagination, flair, and intuition. It's only the boring bits -- repeatability, tolerances, etc -- that I'd be slightly more suspicious of.

Personally, though, I wouldn't call the SAAB 99's unibody construction a "space frame"... It's just, to put it another way, an ordinary self-carrying body like any old ratty Nissan Bluebird ["Sentra"] or Chrysler ["Dodge"?] Sebring. ;^>

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Your lies are of Microsoftian Scale and boring to boot. Your 'depression' may be the closest you ever come to recognizing truth: you have no 'inferiority complex', you are inferior - and something inside you recognizes this. - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=71575|Ashton Brown]
New Umm yeah, it ain't no Bridcage Maserati - but
in early '70s it was quite unlike the crappy body-on-rails of the Detroit dinosars - in general use in Mexico. They figured it out.

And, pedestrian or not - that front end (different car) folded down quite nicely when bashed, as advertised. First '99 came out in '69 - got one.

If Sentra has now caught up? How nice for them.
     Sticky buns - (ben_tilly) - (18)
         Torturing Atkins fans, I see. :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         You really expect me to click on a link like that from 9-5? -NT - (Another Scott) - (16)
             It is safe for work. Really. -NT - (ben_tilly) - (15)
                 :-) Sounds yummy. I'll have to try them. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
                 The content is, but if you saw just the URL in a logfile... -NT - (Meerkat) - (13)
                     You're thinking my thoughts again. -NT - (pwhysall) - (12)
                         I'd best stop before I start lusting after BMW's :) - (Meerkat) - (11)
                             Burn him! Burn the witch! - (pwhysall) - (10)
                                 I thought all Seats are still actually made by Spaniards? -NT - (CRConrad) - (7)
                                     Working to German specs under German bosses with German kit. - (pwhysall) - (6)
                                         Ja, nat\ufffdrlich; it's just the actual workers who are Spanish. -NT - (CRConrad)
                                         Span. engr.?____ Pegaso - (Ashton) - (4)
                                             You could call Pegaso Swiss; it's the "son of Hispano-Suiza" -NT - (CRConrad) - (3)
                                                 Well.. Mkay - - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                     Ah, sorry, I was (mostly) being facetious. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                         Umm yeah, it ain't no Bridcage Maserati - but - (Ashton)
                                 Heh - figured you'd say something like that :) - (Meerkat)
                                 What, are you completely out of your mind? - (CRConrad)

He’s negotiating with himself, and he’s losing.
92 ms