IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New S&M as a cure-all
[link|http://english.pravda.ru/main/18/90/360/15176_whipping.html|http://english.pravd...176_whipping.html]
New Well, if I ever feel depressed and suicidal . .
. . I'll put a few visits to my local dominatrix on my schedule. I'm sure she's got a lot more experience doing this safely than the medical profession, is no more demeaning than many doctors, looks better and probably doesn't charge as much either - and you just can't get that smell of sweat and leather at a hospital.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
Expand Edited by Andrew Grygus March 26, 2005, 07:03:48 PM EST
New ICLRPD (new thread)
Created as new thread #200691 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=200691|ICLRPD]
--
Steve
New ICLRPD2 (new thread)
Created as new thread #200867 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=200867|ICLRPD2]
--

And what are we doing when the two most powerful nations on earth -- America and Israel -- stomp on the elementary rights of human beings?

-- letter to the editor from W. Ostermeier, Liechtenstein

New A hard work out will do the same thing
And sometimes can be just as painful.
New Well, if t's done right...
[link|http://www.runningworks.com|
]
Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New It is amazing...
How patients facing a treatment of regular whippings will declare themselves cured.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New My 1st thought
New Ditto, and my second thought was...
sounds like orders from the Mistress. You know, the first time around something like, Slave, if you don't get me more customers then I'll really give you special treatment! Followed later by, Confession is good for the soul, I command you to admit what you did. (The latter order with the hope of making her man someone whom people looking for a dominatrix would consult...)

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New My first thought was quite different.
It was more along the lines of "Hmmm... they're looking to trade one addictive intoxication for another?"

Wade.

Is it enough to love
Is it enough to breathe
Somebody rip my heart out
And leave me here to bleed

Is it enough to die
Somebody save my life
I'd rather be Anything but Ordinary
Please

-- "Anything but Ordinary" by Avril Lavigne.

New Huh? Izzat how it works? RU sure? Where'd you get that from?
New It is known that that kind of activity can be addictive.
Haven't you ever heard of sex addicts? Those who die from auto-erotic asphyxiation are the examples the media like to use. Those who simply cannot stop picking up hookers (for instance) are more common.

Wade.

Is it enough to love
Is it enough to breathe

Is it enough to die
Somebody save my life
Please

New But this wasn't about just "sex", but *Sado-Masochism*.
Are you claiming *that* is "addictive"?

Personally, I'd never have thought so; but I must admit I've never read anything on the matter. I've always just assumed that sexual "perversions"(*) were something you either just *do* find arousing, or don't -- but not something you *learn* to find arousing.

(*): Oh, use whatever term you want, those of you who're into it; I don't give a PC shit.

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Your lies are of Microsoftian Scale and boring to boot. Your 'depression' may be the closest you ever come to recognizing truth: you have no 'inferiority complex', you are inferior - and something inside you recognizes this. - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=71575|Ashton Brown]
New It can be addictive, yes.
Like chemical addictions, a lot of practices are okay so long as they are never tried, or tried only a small number of times. The psychological "high" they can produce can be intoxicating and too much of such intoxication engenders addiction. In addition, addictions often fulfill faulty belief or value systems in the addict, so, again yes, they are learnt, one way or another. (This goes double for someone looking for "another high" and therefore dabbling deliberately in Sado-Masochism, for example - there is the expectation of arousal coupled with the knowledge that people do find arousal, so the one feeds the other. It can get very complex.)

I've been doing some study about addictions. :-)

Wade.

Is it enough to love
Is it enough to breathe

Is it enough to die
Somebody save my life
Please

New Fascinating!
I've been doing some study about addictions. :-)

Can I ask what sorts of study? (If it isn't being nosy?)

Too often people consider addictions only to be chemical, or other, like drinking, smoking, drugs. Addictions can be anything. I was addicted to people, for example, for a long long time (thankfully, one person at a time, though).

...In addition, addictions often fulfill faulty belief or value systems in the addict, so, again yes, they are learnt, one way or another. (This goes double for someone looking for "another high" ...

That's what I did. I felt I wouldn't be "okay" unless I saw a glimpse of this person, (whichever person it was at the time), or heard their voice, or etc. I could get a "high" from the smallest thing, in one case, just watching their vehicle drive by.

It was all in my head of course, that seeing this person made me ok. It didn't really. In fact, later when I undertook the task of becoming "un-codependent", I learned it was actually the times when I was addicted to people that I was definitely NOT okay.

I'm so happy I've learned to have real friendships, (instead of addictions), and a real relationship with someone (instead of being co-dependent on my significant other). It took a lot to change it though, and I still consider myself to be an addictive personality, i.e. I have the ability to be one.

This is why I never drink, smoke or take drugs... I'm certain I would be instantly hooked, and it would probably be infinitely harder to break those addictions than it was to break my "needy" one for people.

Brenda

"The people of the world having once been deceived, suspect deceit in truth itself." -- Hitopadesa 600?-1100? AD, Sanskrit Fable From Panchatantr
Expand Edited by Nightowl March 29, 2005, 12:07:29 PM EST
New We had an interesting case here in Los Angeles . .
. . where the cops busted a dominatrix on prostitution charges and confiscated her gear as evidence.

The judge told the fuzz they should know better, that a dom never has sex with her clients, and he dismissed the case out of hand. What was interesting is that she did manage to get her gear back. Turns out there was no procedure for recovering the evidence if you didn't go to trial.

It would have been more interesting, of course, if the judge had sentenced the cops to "punishment".
New Well, I'm going to recommend this to Governor Arnold . .
. . as a way to cut the state's soaring mental health costs. As long as the patient's convinced him/herself s/he's cured it's an effective treatment, right?
New Then__?__must. be. punished. for lying
     S&M as a cure-all - (broomberg) - (17)
         Well, if I ever feel depressed and suicidal . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
             ICLRPD (new thread) - (Steve Lowe)
             ICLRPD2 (new thread) - (Arkadiy)
         A hard work out will do the same thing - (bionerd) - (1)
             Well, if t's done right... -NT - (imric)
         It is amazing... - (ben_tilly) - (11)
             My 1st thought -NT - (broomberg) - (8)
                 Ditto, and my second thought was... - (ben_tilly)
                 My first thought was quite different. - (static) - (6)
                     Huh? Izzat how it works? RU sure? Where'd you get that from? -NT - (CRConrad) - (5)
                         It is known that that kind of activity can be addictive. - (static) - (4)
                             But this wasn't about just "sex", but *Sado-Masochism*. - (CRConrad) - (3)
                                 It can be addictive, yes. - (static) - (1)
                                     Fascinating! - (Nightowl)
                                 We had an interesting case here in Los Angeles . . - (Andrew Grygus)
             Well, I'm going to recommend this to Governor Arnold . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 Then__?__must. be. punished. for lying -NT - (Ashton)

Shpongle.
344 ms