IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Lemme try this...
You are telling us that the name, "Abdul Hamid" triggers some special censorship? I highly doubt that is Scott...

Cheers,
Ben

PS It isn't happening here.
New Re: I really can't make any sense of it

I tried at least 10 times to post what I had written but it was only when I removed that name that it went through. When I later tried to edit a succesful post by adding the original text note it again was rejected - message I got was that that web page not accessible to me.

I split the post into two & 1st half made it but not the last bit with the quoted text. Only when I asterisked it did it get thru -
as I said makes no sense but this happened.

I will put it down to some other bizzare set of conditions.

Any way the guy's name was as already mentioned, John Walker alias Abdul Hamid.

Cheers

Doug
New Test.
Also A Washington born fighter with fair skin and a mid-atlantic accent was among those to emerge. He was identified by Newsweek magazine as Abdul Hamid, 20 and well-spoken. 'Hamid' declined to provide his original name but it seems he converted to Islam at age 16 and went to Pakistan then on to Afghanistan 6 months ago to help the Taliban implement a pure Islamic country.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New ISP check.
What ISP are you using?
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New Re: PCCW (HK Telecom) - but may have the answer now

But I think I may be on to something - I just posted in news items & got the same problem - that too was a cut n paste job & I had to fiddle with the contents for a while before it got accepted.

Cheers Doug

(PS I work for this ISP :-)
New Are you now in HK or Oz?
Umm .. since you are sentient and know far more about all this stuff than moi: are you experiencing a local version of Carnivore / packets sniffed & sanitized locally ??

Certainly seems a matter worth pursuing - as in, trying to post above on some local BBS or other? Could Oz, HK be experiencing the Ashcroft Covenant.. a virus now spreading worldwide and described as,

..Watch.. What You Say\ufffd

(A precursor of the 2002 version of the Ashcroft Sanitized WWW: Passport, IE 7.0, XP-Secure Required. Also retina scan for access, on approval of Notarized loyalty oath.)

Ashton Orwell Foulwell
(umm it's too early for April 1 material, Doug ;-)
New Re: In H.K. this week :-) - have derived 1 theory

I will try a few more tests today.

There has to be an explanation. When it 1st happened I went in to Linux forum & posted an unrelated item & it worked right away - I then tried doing all the edits & it was *only* when I added the bit in about Walker that the rejection occured.

One theory I thought up overnight is that I originally wrote that post in Notepad & then cut & pasted the contents in. Am wondering is a termination char was causing Z.IWETHEY to reject the content ???. The Walker bit was the last few lines !

Anyone got any thoughts ?

Doug
New Unprintable characters?
Something like that messing up the post?

Simple experiment - try the cut & paste - then type exactly the same line - see if they both take.

(Yeah, I like these bugs, I weird that way.)
New Re: Unprintable characters? Apropos example
I noted that the ascii for e-circumflex, as in 'm\ufffdme' - in some docs, when cut&paste: produces (here) 'm\ufffd\ufffdme' (I just 'did' it from such a .doc)

In above case the ALT+(234) for \ufffd - gave A-tilde (195) and, I have no idea! where an 'a-exponent' comes from...

Clue?

Ashton
     Censorship in effect - (dmarker2) - (13)
         Amazing survival of talib prisoners incl a white US member. - (dmarker2) - (2)
             Re: Attempting to now add the 'censored' bit - (dmarker2)
             Hmm. Lets try it. - (altmann)
         Lemme try this... - (ben_tilly) - (8)
             Re: I really can't make any sense of it - (dmarker2) - (7)
                 Test. - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                     ISP check. - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                         Re: PCCW (HK Telecom) - but may have the answer now - (dmarker2)
                 Are you now in HK or Oz? - (Ashton) - (3)
                     Re: In H.K. this week :-) - have derived 1 theory - (dmarker2) - (2)
                         Unprintable characters? - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                             Re: Unprintable characters? Apropos example - (Ashton)
         John Walker / Adbul Hamid - (marlowe)

Every problem that humanity has ever encountered throughout history can be traced back to Gary in accounting.
50 ms