IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Doesnt Thousand Island have more chunks?
What are those? Pickles or something?
It's like, "How much more black could this be?", and the answer is none. None more black.
New Yes, it's supposed to have pickles . . .
. . and pimento and the ketsup in Russian is supposed to be replaced by chili sauce. Russian is supposed to have pimento but not the other stuff.

Interestingly, Russian Salad (said to have been invented by French chef Olivier in his Moscow restaurant) does have the pickle and similar ingredients, but the dressing for it isn't made separately.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Wow.
First mention of the Olivier Salad from an American. Ok, Andrew, fess up. How did you come by this sacred knowledge? In Sanct-Petersburg no holiday meal is completed without a huge bowl of what we call "Olivier". IT probably has nothing to do with the original recipe, but the name survived.
--

And what are we doing when the two most powerful nations on earth -- America and Israel -- stomp on the elementary rights of human beings?

-- letter to the editor from W. Ostermeier, Liechtenstein

New At this point I can't really say.
While I have a substantial stack of books on Russian, Ukranian, Lithuanian and Polish cooking I don't recall if I learned it from them or from some more general source. I did, however, know about its holiday importance.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
     Corned Beef & Cabbage - (Andrew Grygus) - (18)
         Now I'm hungry for a Rueben - (SpiceWare) - (14)
             Now I want some green beer. -NT - (bionerd)
             Well, my first attempt at a Reuben . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (12)
                 What's the difference between Russian and Thousand Island? - (drewk) - (8)
                     Depends (corrected) - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                         Doesnt Thousand Island have more chunks? - (bionerd) - (3)
                             Yes, it's supposed to have pickles . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                                 Wow. - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                                     At this point I can't really say. - (Andrew Grygus)
                     the freedom fries of sald dressing -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                         Well, kind of anti-freedom fries actually . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                             IN SOVIET RUSSIA - (pwhysall)
                 didn't make it - (SpiceWare) - (2)
                     But, but . . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                         That's a cogent summary. - (static)
         a sheep's head is probably traditional - (boxley)
         Does it freeze well? - (drewk) - (1)
             Salted meat isn't likely to freeze well. - (Andrew Grygus)

So, what we gonna do tonight, Bwain?
98 ms