IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Right back atcha, baby.
AdminiScott is apparently adversely affected by the lack of air at the height of the horse he's got up on:
When the hell did you develop such a thin skin?
It's not so much about skin as about my thin stomach lining. I find vomit so yucky that I almost *do* it, just from people *talking about* it. But, more to the point, when I see that people are actively *trying* to offend me(*), then I *feel* offended by *that attempt in itself*.

Calling stuff that's disgusting to me "disgusting" is somehow a personal affront to you?"
Yeah, right, so you might say that "I find that disgusting"... But the phrase "Excuse me while I go vomit" -- *as opposed to* "I find that disgusting" -- isn't *intended* as a supercilious put-down at all, right?

Bullshit. Pull the other one, while you're at it.

You're the one making it personal when you start calling someone a "silly vego-person".
Oh yeah? And what if it is my sincere OPINION that vegetarians are following a stupid diet, and at least to that extent ARE BEING silly? Oh, so everyone is allowed to have -- and express -- an "opinion"... EXCEPT me?!?

Piss off. It's my opinion, feel free to ignore it, chump.
Yeah, well, and it was *my* opinion that the bio-babe was being offensive to me, *first*... But THAT opinion doesn't count, eh? Then why the fuck should *you* be allowed to have *yours*, if I can't have mine???

And take your vitriolic bullshit to the flame quarantine, would you?
SHE spewed HERS here, didn't she? And so did YOU, didn't you? So why the fuck didn't YOU redirect your part of the thread there, if that's where you think it belongs???

Sheesh.
Indeed. To such double-standard hypocrisy, I can't find anything better to say either.

(*): Or, as in this case, just generally trying to be offensive, whether they know at the time that I will be among the targets or not.

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Your lies are of Microsoftian Scale and boring to boot. Your 'depression' may be the closest you ever come to recognizing truth: you have no 'inferiority complex', you are inferior - and something inside you recognizes this. - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=71575|Ashton Brown]
New Trying to offend YOU?
You weren't part of the conversation!

Trying to offend Andrew, perhaps. Though she had a pretty good idea that Andrew wasn't going to offend easily (indeed it seemed that Andrew was taking pleasure out of trying to gross her out).

And the world complains that Americans think that the world revolves around them!

Sheesh,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New Yup; I'm part of the group she was implicitly adressing.
Like, "You eat potatoes? Yuuuck, excuse me while I go projectile-vomit!!!" isn't directed at -- insulting to -- *anyone* who eats potatoes?

And WTF do you mean, I wasn't "part of the conversation"? I hadn't *said* anything up until my first post, but do you think the bio-chick and the Gryge were having a *private* conversation??? (YTF wouldn't they have taken it to e-mail, in that case?) It's a fucking *public* conversation, like they all are here.

No, I don't particularly think that "the world revolves around me"... On the contrary, if you want to make this about Americans and others, I was just "collateral damage" -- and as usual, the bloody Yanks can't even *see* that they're firing at just about everybody, even though we're standing up and shouting "Oi! Look where you're aiming that thing!"

So, OK, you're right: Bloody typical, in that respect.

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Your lies are of Microsoftian Scale and boring to boot. Your 'depression' may be the closest you ever come to recognizing truth: you have no 'inferiority complex', you are inferior - and something inside you recognizes this. - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=71575|Ashton Brown]
New You're being a sour kraut, quick to take offence
Christian, really. Get a grip on yourself.

She was expressing the fact that she didn't like head cheese. It is perfectly OK for her to not like head cheese. Just like it is OK for you to be unable to stomach fresh salad.

She didn't say that meat eaters are gross and shouldn't participate in a cooking forum. No offence was intended, and none should be taken. Particularly by bystanders who she didn't even know where present, let alone have any intention of addressing.

To follow up on your analogy, you've mistaken a sour raspberry for gunshots directed at your head. And opened return fire. Then you wonder why everyone thinks that you're overreacting.

In particular you not only indicated a negative impression of vegetarian food, but you told her that she shouldn't be in this forum. It is OK for you to dislike vegetarian food. (Though by your standards for you to say that insults everyone present who is vegetarian, and you shouldn't be doing it. For the record I happen to know that there are other vegetarians present, though I don't really want to drag them into it by naming names.) But it is not OK for you to arbitrarily start telling other people where they may or may not post. Who made you God around here?

While she didn't intend to offend (and I believe that you clearly shouldn't be taking offence), you clearly did intend to offend. Were I in your shoes, I'd be apologizing about now. Unfortunately your understanding of basic courtesy is so lacking that this option is unlikely to occur to you. But at least I'd hope that you could develop the common sense to realize that you're not exactly making friends right now, perhaps this is a good time to cease and desist.

Regards,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New Re: You're being a sour kraut, quick to take offence
Excessive analysis: a quick "oh do fuck off, you miserable sod" would have sufficed.

Peter
[link|http://www.ubuntulinux.org|Ubuntu Linux]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Home]
Use P2P for legitimate purposes!
New True, but you do that so much better than I do
Expand Edited by ben_tilly March 8, 2005, 02:43:55 PM EST
     Cats & Dogs, oh my! - (Andrew Grygus) - (99)
         That's sick - (bionerd) - (92)
             Tripe is just the Stomache Lining. Sheesh. - (folkert) - (87)
                 You obviously didn't guess that she's a vegetarian - (ben_tilly)
                 Yummy - (bionerd) - (85)
                     Head cheese, Yes! - (Andrew Grygus) - (83)
                         Excuse me while I vomit -NT - (bionerd) - (82)
                             I see that being a vegetarian is good for your diet - (ben_tilly)
                             so sweatbreads and rocky mountain oysters are out? - (boxley) - (1)
                                 ObLRPD: It is known desire. They are totally delicious! -NT - (Another Scott)
                             Hey, silly vego-person, you keep... - (CRConrad) - (78)
                                 Has nothing to do with vegetarianism - (admin) - (8)
                                     Sure. You are also allowed to be... - (CRConrad) - (7)
                                         Personally offensive? - (admin) - (6)
                                             Right back atcha, baby. - (CRConrad) - (5)
                                                 Trying to offend YOU? - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                                                     Yup; I'm part of the group she was implicitly adressing. - (CRConrad) - (3)
                                                         You're being a sour kraut, quick to take offence - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                                             Re: You're being a sour kraut, quick to take offence - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                                 True, but you do that so much better than I do -NT - (ben_tilly)
                                 A modest suggestion (new thread) - (ben_tilly)
                                 Oh, we don't need to be so harsh - yet. - (Andrew Grygus) - (14)
                                     I resent that - (bionerd) - (10)
                                         He's pulling your chain. - (Another Scott)
                                         On the Internet it's never rediculous . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (8)
                                             Only if... - (admin) - (5)
                                                 Oh, stop bringing that up . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                                                     Works for me. - (admin) - (3)
                                                         You said the V word! - (broomberg) - (1)
                                                             ObLRPD: Stop using vowels. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                         I've sampled tofu cheese . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                             Fine. Just dont call me a liar. -NT - (bionerd) - (1)
                                                 Of course not . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                     Heheh. - (imric) - (2)
                                         Oh, I don't at all say they shouldn't be. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                             Reaction to... - (admin)
                                 Hey you silly euro-boy - (bepatient) - (20)
                                     And that's the only side that counts, as usual...? -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                         Why not at all little buddy from Abba-land - (bepatient)
                                     Oh, I don't know how "not normal" it is. - (Andrew Grygus) - (17)
                                         Quick non-representative survey around here - (admin) - (16)
                                             Heh! - (Steve Lowe) - (2)
                                                 LA is not representative of *any* country -NT - (drewk) - (1)
                                                     As I have said . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                             Where you get that '0'? - (Andrew Grygus) - (10)
                                                 "Here" == "this locale in Michigan" - (admin) - (3)
                                                     Bah. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                         Why do you think the land is so fertile? -NT - (imric) - (1)
                                                             ICLRPD (new thread) - (Another Scott)
                                                 MMM, Chunky Bologna. Almost as good as Chunky Peanut Butter! -NT - (folkert)
                                                 HeadCheese++ :) - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                                                     Blood tongue sausage? - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                         Sometiimes called Tongue Blood sausage. - (a6l6e6x)
                                                     The sausage sounds good, but then I've always liked tongue. -NT - (imric) - (1)
                                                         That's what they say about you down the docks. -NT - (pwhysall)
                                             I like head cheese, tripe, fish eggs, fermented fish heads - (boxley)
                                             Count me in the against column -NT - (Steven A S)
                                 Hey- - (bionerd) - (31)
                                     Please... PLEASE... - (folkert) - (17)
                                         Sometimes we learn what chains *not* to pull... :-) -NT - (static) - (16)
                                             Yes, and in this thread . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (15)
                                                 Rose's problem with small towns... - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                                     Well, yes, that's the whole thing right there. - (Andrew Grygus)
                                                 Get on my case all you want - (bionerd) - (12)
                                                     Oh, come on now... - (folkert) - (11)
                                                         Oh balls... - (bionerd) - (10)
                                                             Who can argue with that logic? You'd be amazed... -NT - (ben_tilly)
                                                             There are some of us, that could argue water isn't wet. - (folkert) - (6)
                                                                 or beer isn't fattening... - (imric) - (2)
                                                                     Is true - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                         10c a meal! -NT - (imric)
                                                                 Or 1$ = 1c - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                                                     twweeeett!! - (cforde) - (1)
                                                                         It took you this long to figure it out?? -NT - (ben_tilly)
                                                             Well ... - (drewk)
                                                             Obsentient LRPD - (Silverlock)
                                     consider it a rite - (Steve Lowe) - (11)
                                         Are you telling me I'm somebody now? - (bionerd) - (10)
                                             That is exactly the way we feel too. -NT - (folkert)
                                             Maybe some perspective will help. - (inthane-chan) - (6)
                                                 NOW yer asking for it. -NT - (imric) - (5)
                                                     <bush>Bring it.</bush> -NT - (inthane-chan) - (4)
                                                         You're now following in Bush's footsteps??? SHAME!!! -NT - (ben_tilly)
                                                         So ... how's it feel to misquote Bush? - (drewk) - (2)
                                                             "misquote Bush"? You can't really do that. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                 Amen. -NT - (inthane-chan)
                                             Trust me, you get used to it - (Nightowl) - (1)
                                                 What does a sadist do to a masochist? - (Arkadiy)
                                     You have to understand... - (admin)
                     Don't have time to look up who said it . . - (Andrew Grygus)
             Market tripe is like cheating. - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                 Yeah, but I dont eat what I dissect. - (bionerd) - (2)
                     Since the entrails are to be used . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                     ICLRPD (new thread) - (folkert)
         I knew it was a good idea. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
             Just imagine... - (ben_tilly)
         LRPD says: Almost as bad as a Plague of Frog. -NT - (Arkadiy)
         Re: Cats & Dogs, oh my! How prophetic - (Steven A S) - (1)
             Well, the results were better than expected. -NT - (Andrew Grygus)
         Ah, yes! - (Andrew Grygus)

I can say "where's the bathroom", "how much is that" and "those aren't my drugs" in 187 languages.
213 ms