IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New So, a good astrologer == a psychologist, with props.
Two out of three people wonder where the other one is.
New Not so much props . . .
. . as guides off the beaten path. Both astrological symbology and tarot cards provide a vast selection of complex associations that won't ever be in the same order as before. The mind has to try to reconcile these associations and will be open to ideas and may come up with surprising things as it does so.

Particularly the tarot, while each card carries complex meanings and they all fit into a systematic structure, the sturcture can't actually be systemized completely. Aleister Crowley tried damned hard and admited failure. This guarantees fresh new and different associations among complex ideas every time.

The bad card reader and the bad astrologer are both convinced the tools constitute a rigid structure that must be analyzed precicely in accordance with a set of rules. They completely miss the point.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Sounds like the I Ching, too.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New No doubt.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New so rosarche tests are "props?"
they are simply indicators and the "interpretation" can vary from good to bad shrinks and other aiders and abettors. Take a person who has a set of lips that look like a mepps number 7 treble hook and lure would not be out of place and say " I bet you are a pisces" 8 out of ten times you would be right. Its not science, its observation of comparisons over the centuries. Some are better at it than others. I do not claim to know astrology but fish lips are fish lips.
regards,
daemon
I love her dearly, far beyond any creature I've ever known, and I can prove it, for never once in almost seventy years of married life have I taken her by the throat. Mind you, it's been a near thing once or twice.
George Macdonald Frasier
Clearwater highschool marching band [link|http://www.chstornadoband.org/|http://www.chstornadoband.org/]
     Spot the flaw in the research - (ben_tilly) - (27)
         Not what I was thinking - (drewk) - (1)
             That flaw is secondary - (ben_tilly)
         Ummm , why . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (14)
             "good astrologer" - (pwhysall) - (10)
                 Don't laugh. They exist. I've met some. - (ben_tilly) - (9)
                     I'll reserve judgement, then... - (pwhysall) - (1)
                         Interesting "reserve" - (ben_tilly)
                     A fun one with a card reader. - (Andrew Grygus)
                     Seconded. Again. - (Ashton)
                     So, a good astrologer == a psychologist, with props. -NT - (Meerkat) - (4)
                         Not so much props . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                             Sounds like the I Ching, too. -NT - (admin) - (1)
                                 No doubt. -NT - (Andrew Grygus)
                         so rosarche tests are "props?" - (daemon)
             Because it was on /.? - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                 I once had a professor - (bionerd) - (1)
                     Indeed - (Ashton)
         first off they didnt describe how they came to - (daemon) - (9)
             I'd consider that fairly obvious - (ben_tilly) - (8)
                 thanks, it is obvious and I missed it :-) -NT - (daemon) - (7)
                     Items daemon can hold in memory < 1 -NT - (drewk) - (6)
                         Not true - (ben_tilly) - (5)
                             Apparently not enough, though. -NT - (inthane-chan) - (4)
                                 never enough, however I have met Reuben Pecarve - (daemon) - (3)
                                     That isn't short-term memory - (ben_tilly)
                                     I'm referring to the recent TMI violation... :D -NT - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                                         what? A perfect line about cuddling - (daemon)

Better than a VBF, any day of the week.
65 ms