IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: This is good for all of us.
Well, Microsoft is in a position that it hasn't been in since 1981. The digital media field is still virgin territory, with a few players like TiVo, the cable companies, and Microsoft jockeying for position. They don't have the privileges that a monopoly affords them in this new market.

Apple has shown a pretty good view of what customers want with regard to digital music. Are there more fully-featured MP3 players out there? Absolutely. Are they getting as much attention as an iPod? No. Why? Because the end-all be-all aspect of the iPod design was simplicity. By putting the ENTIRE digital music experience in Apple's hands, they created a model of ease of use. And now they enjoy a "Microsoftian" share of that market.

It'll be interesting to see how Apple gets into the digital video pie. The Mac Mini makes a perfect "Media PC". Tiger will have H.264 codec support in Quicktime 7.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has-Margaret Mead
New Ob...
[link|http://www.weebl.jolt.co.uk/pie.htm|Mmmmmm! Pie!] (You might want to turn the sound down before clicking that).

Cheers,
Scott.
     IPod is wildly popular at Microsoft - (bluke) - (14)
         This is good for all of us. - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
             Re: This is good for all of us. - (flatboy2016) - (1)
                 Ob... - (Another Scott)
         Yep, I see them everywhere here - (tuberculosis)
         All iPod here... - (pwhysall) - (9)
             Review request: Other portable music players? (new thread) - (Yendor)
             I must admit - (bepatient) - (7)
                 Had an Archos? - (folkert) - (6)
                     Re: Had an Archos? - (bepatient) - (5)
                         I think the emphasis was on *had*. - (Another Scott)
                         So, what did you do with it? - (folkert) - (3)
                             Drive failure - (bepatient) - (2)
                                 Dustbin'd it? -NT - (folkert) - (1)
                                     Never - (bepatient)

Mmmmmm... gloat cheese!
124 ms