IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New But it still gives them "Market Share"
just like the forced Windows preloads. If everybody bought a PC and replaced Windows with something else, Microsoft would still have a "50% market share" of the operating systems, even though their OS is not being used(ie: 10 PCs w/Windows, 10 replacement OSes = 10/20 for Microsoft).

Same thing happens if a bunch of people buy XBOXs and don't use them as game systems - Microsoft can still use those sales to influence third party game makers with XBOX's "larger market share". This could end up with more "exclusive to XBOX" games, just like we have lots of exclusive to Windows software.

Darrell Spice, Jr.

[link|http://home.houston.rr.com/spiceware/|SpiceWare] - We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore

New Good Point
They may not make money directly, but it's still fodder for future advertising/intimidation campaigns. And the money one spends on an Xbox is money that won't be spent on a PS2 or GameCube or whatever.

Heck, buy a Dreamcast, they're only $50 in the US now. (Still $199 in Aus last I checked, go figure.)
On and on and on and on,
and on and on and on goes John.
     Cheapskate Microsoft - (bluke) - (10)
         Correct me if I'm wrong - (tjsinclair) - (1)
             difference - (cforde)
         I imagine the crackers are already at work... - (jake123) - (7)
             MAME already works on XBox.. - (inthane-chan) - (6)
                 but not on the consumer version of the XBOX - (SpiceWare) - (5)
                     But from there it's just a matter of time. - (inthane-chan) - (4)
                         It would require a certain moral mortitude. - (static) - (3)
                             But would you be giving, or taking? - (Meerkat) - (2)
                                 But it still gives them "Market Share" - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                                     Good Point - (Meerkat)

WORA
35 ms