IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Pitt 20 - Jet 17
Wow, that game was almost enough to make me religious. Tied 17 - 17, the Jets missed two long field goals in the last 2 minutes.

Other then that, Pittsburg really dominated the Jets. The got a punt run back and an interception run back. So their field goal was their only offensive production.

Jay
New Re: Pitt 20 - Jet 17
Wow, that game was almost enough to make me religious. Tied 17 - 17, the Jets missed two long field goals in the last 2 minutes.

Other then that, Pittsburg really dominated the Jets. The got a punt run back and an interception run back. So their field goal was their only offensive production.

It was awesome! I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see what would happen! WOW, what a great game! And best of all, my Steelers WON!

Nightowl >8#

"The people of the world having once been deceived, suspect deceit in truth itself." -- Hitopadesa 600?-1100? AD, Sanskrit Fable From Panchatantr
New Re: Pitt 20 - Jet 17
I don't think I'm breathing yet.

Give me a few more minutes.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Breathe......
I know how you feel, I was holding my breath at the last there!

Nightowl >8#

"The people of the world having once been deceived, suspect deceit in truth itself." -- Hitopadesa 600?-1100? AD, Sanskrit Fable From Panchatantr
New philly/stealers in the bowl? (tired of the pats)
that way too many Iraqis conceived of free society as little more than a mosh pit with grenades. ANDISHEH NOURAEE
clearwater highschool marching band [link|http://www.chstornadoband.org/|http://www.chstornadoband.org/]
New Not going to happen
If the Jets defense could stop the Steelers and make Big Ben look like a rookie, you can bet that Belichek will come up with a defensive scheme that is even better. The Patriots offense is better then the Jets and a lot more clutch. Tom Brady is the Joe Montana of our times and Adam Vinatieri would never miss 1 game winning field goal let alone 2.
New Hold on just a minute.
Remember the Jets offense scored a whopping 3 points total in the game.

One special teams breakdown and one bad throw (with corresponding horrible persuit by the steeler offense) were all the points the Jets could muster.

You can guarantee that the Steeler defense will not let NE convert 3rd downs like Indy's defense allowed them to do.

The Jet's defense matched up well against the Steelers in both games this season. The Patriots didn't fare so well. The Steelers have the best offensive line in football...the Pat's are going to have to actually send more than 2 guys after Ben. And when forced to play 7 or 8 in the box to stop the Bus...the fact they they have no corners will be horribly exposed.

Indy was able to mask a horrible defense by scoring more points than any team in history...and the Pats took advantage of that by keeping the ball. Now they get to face the best defense in the league.

Bill B better come up with something..cause they could lose this game 3-0, realistically.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

New The Jets have had big problems scoring points lately
It is not like they didn't move the ball. The Jets played it very conservatively offensively and paid the price. Tom Brady is a much better QB right now then Pennington and will be able to get his team in the end zone.

Belichek has proved in every big game that he can come up with a scheme to stop the other offense. I have no doubt that he will be able to confuse Big Ben into throwing at least 1 interception.

I don't see how you think Pittsburgh is going to expose Indy's corners with a rookie QB when the best QB in football, Peyton Manning, who has great receivers could not.
New Offensive LIne/Running Game
Bill B took away the passing game by rushing 3 and dropping8 into coverage.

Do you honestly think that he can do that with the offensive line of the steelers and with running backs like the Bus and Deuce? They average 4-5 yards a carry with 8 men in the box.

And I'll take Hines Ward over any of the makeshift d-backs in place...a bump at the line won't throw this offense because its not a timing offense like the Colts.

I don't know why folks think Pittsburgh is so bad...they didn't just beat the Pats and Eagles during the regular season...they KILLED them. The games weren't even close.

I don't pretend that this game will be as easy as week 7 and 8...but to dismiss the Steelers as incapable is a very big mistake.

New Of course he won't
If Belichek has shown anything, it is his ability to come up with a scheme to beat a specific team, I am sure that he will have a very different scheme against Pittsburgh.

People are going based on the record. Belichek has proved himself, Bill Cowher on the other hand has never won the big game. Tom Brady has won playoff games and super bowls, Big Ben is a rookie.
New 'tlanta is the team coming in under the radar.
which means that they stand a good chance of knocking philly out. Owens getting knocked out for the season, means that McNabb will have to spread it around more.
New if Vick could throw, he wouldnt need to run
Warrick Dunn is good but philly D is almost as good as tampa and carolina 2 teams that mudstomped falcons in the season. McNabb proved he didnt need TO and there is a kid called westbrook that will tear the Falcons a new one. 24/17 philly
regards,
daemon
that way too many Iraqis conceived of free society as little more than a mosh pit with grenades. ANDISHEH NOURAEE
clearwater highschool marching band [link|http://www.chstornadoband.org/|http://www.chstornadoband.org/]
New oh yeah...
...falcons will win because....

...oh yeah...

I think philly's overrated. Expecting them to get their comeuppance either this game or the next. Whichever team wins, they'll be wiped out be either Pats or Stealers => which is the best matchup of this year.
New philly has to beat themselves for atl to win
New there's a detailed analysis
over-rated? Compared to a one-dimensional Atlanta team that can't throw the ball?

This is the best Philly team in 4 years of making the championship game, and that is without TO.

If you think they are overated...you haven't been watching. I think they are under-rated...ESPECIALLY on the defensive side.

New Armchair quarterbacks.
Just have to go with the underdogs in this one, if for no other reason than no self-respecting Cowboys fan wants to see the eagles get to the Bowl.

And when did football get to be an intellectual exercise. Only reasonable way to decide who's going to win is stakes. :-)
New Now I undertand.
You're a Dallas fan.

Explains everything ;-)

New Well, the snow is going to hurt the Falcons.
But that don't mean I think they still won't win. Let's see, why do I hate the beagles:

• they can't even field decent scabs
  • feigning fake kneeling
  • bounties on kickers
  • beer and bottles
  • snowballs with batteries inside
  • signing the player who defiled the sacred star

lot's more reasons as well. but that'll do for now. :-)
New Pshah
Cowboys fans>>>

Whats a good natured Santa pelting between friends?

You're just sore cause Coach P isn't the genius everyone thought.

New kuhbuoy's hired charlie the tuna to help them
all they need is an offensdive line that will hold long enough for a play to get off and a defence that can stop the run, pass kick. Other that that they are all right.
regards,
daemon
New Could use a qb
thats not, like, a hundred years old.

And its not like he was any good when he was younger.

New OMFG
You're still sore about [link|http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/football/7400865.htm?1c|this]?
But there were other times, too. Take 1987, a year to remember. Among other things, it was the year the NFL players went on strike and the teams played for 3 weeks with scab players. The Eagles' real players refused to cross the picket line, kept together by team leaders John Spagnola and Reggie White, operating out of their own beliefs and with the support of Ryan - who didn't care if they all came in or all stayed out, as long as they all stayed together.

The Cowboys, meanwhile, had stars crossing the picket line almost immediately. And when the Eagles played a scab game in Dallas, the Cowboys used many of their real players and took a real lead, understandably enough. Then the real players came out of the game. Then the Eagles scored. Then Landry put some of the real players back into the game. That's when Ryan went wild and vowed revenge.

Two weeks later, with the real players back, he got it. It was the fake kneel-down game, when Ryan ordered quarterback Randall Cunningham to pretend to kill the clock, then stand up and throw the ball into the end zone. It was an outrageous (but artful) bit of bad sportsmanship.
So Dallas players decide to cross the picket line and beat up on a bunch of out-of-work Teamsters.[1] And when the real Eagles come back you don't think they're looking for a little payback?

[1] Oh, and then they got their asses handed to them by the Redskins replacement players. I guess Landry knew this was one of their few easy wins that year.
===

Purveyor of Doc Hope's [link|http://DocHope.com|fresh-baked dog biscuits and pet treats].
[link|http://DocHope.com|http://DocHope.com]
New Championships may come and go....
...but grudges last forever! :-)
New Driven into who?
[link|http://forfree.sytes.net|
]
Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

Pitt 20 - Jet 17 - (JayMehaffey) - (23)
         Re: Pitt 20 - Jet 17 - (Nightowl) - (22)
             Re: Pitt 20 - Jet 17 - (bepatient) - (21)
                 Breathe...... - (Nightowl)
                 philly/stealers in the bowl? (tired of the pats) -NT - (daemon) - (19)
                     Not going to happen - (bluke) - (4)
                         Hold on just a minute. - (bepatient) - (3)
                             The Jets have had big problems scoring points lately - (bluke) - (2)
                                 Offensive LIne/Running Game - (bepatient) - (1)
                                     Of course he won't - (bluke)
                     'tlanta is the team coming in under the radar. - (ChrisR) - (13)
                         if Vick could throw, he wouldnt need to run - (daemon) - (12)
                             oh yeah... - (ChrisR) - (11)
                                 philly has to beat themselves for atl to win -NT - (daemon)
                                 there's a detailed analysis - (bepatient) - (9)
                                     Armchair quarterbacks. - (ChrisR) - (8)
                                         Now I undertand. - (bepatient) - (6)
                                             Well, the snow is going to hurt the Falcons. - (ChrisR) - (5)
                                                 Pshah - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                     kuhbuoy's hired charlie the tuna to help them - (daemon) - (1)
                                                         Could use a qb - (bepatient)
                                                 OMFG - (drewk) - (1)
                                                     Championships may come and go.... - (ChrisR)
                                         Driven into who? -NT - (imric)

If for no other reason that historical (hysterical?) context.
169 ms