IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Not going to happen
If the Jets defense could stop the Steelers and make Big Ben look like a rookie, you can bet that Belichek will come up with a defensive scheme that is even better. The Patriots offense is better then the Jets and a lot more clutch. Tom Brady is the Joe Montana of our times and Adam Vinatieri would never miss 1 game winning field goal let alone 2.
New Hold on just a minute.
Remember the Jets offense scored a whopping 3 points total in the game.

One special teams breakdown and one bad throw (with corresponding horrible persuit by the steeler offense) were all the points the Jets could muster.

You can guarantee that the Steeler defense will not let NE convert 3rd downs like Indy's defense allowed them to do.

The Jet's defense matched up well against the Steelers in both games this season. The Patriots didn't fare so well. The Steelers have the best offensive line in football...the Pat's are going to have to actually send more than 2 guys after Ben. And when forced to play 7 or 8 in the box to stop the Bus...the fact they they have no corners will be horribly exposed.

Indy was able to mask a horrible defense by scoring more points than any team in history...and the Pats took advantage of that by keeping the ball. Now they get to face the best defense in the league.

Bill B better come up with something..cause they could lose this game 3-0, realistically.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New The Jets have had big problems scoring points lately
It is not like they didn't move the ball. The Jets played it very conservatively offensively and paid the price. Tom Brady is a much better QB right now then Pennington and will be able to get his team in the end zone.

Belichek has proved in every big game that he can come up with a scheme to stop the other offense. I have no doubt that he will be able to confuse Big Ben into throwing at least 1 interception.

I don't see how you think Pittsburgh is going to expose Indy's corners with a rookie QB when the best QB in football, Peyton Manning, who has great receivers could not.
New Offensive LIne/Running Game
Bill B took away the passing game by rushing 3 and dropping8 into coverage.

Do you honestly think that he can do that with the offensive line of the steelers and with running backs like the Bus and Deuce? They average 4-5 yards a carry with 8 men in the box.

And I'll take Hines Ward over any of the makeshift d-backs in place...a bump at the line won't throw this offense because its not a timing offense like the Colts.

I don't know why folks think Pittsburgh is so bad...they didn't just beat the Pats and Eagles during the regular season...they KILLED them. The games weren't even close.

I don't pretend that this game will be as easy as week 7 and 8...but to dismiss the Steelers as incapable is a very big mistake.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Of course he won't
If Belichek has shown anything, it is his ability to come up with a scheme to beat a specific team, I am sure that he will have a very different scheme against Pittsburgh.

People are going based on the record. Belichek has proved himself, Bill Cowher on the other hand has never won the big game. Tom Brady has won playoff games and super bowls, Big Ben is a rookie.
     Pitt 20 - Jet 17 - (JayMehaffey) - (23)
         Re: Pitt 20 - Jet 17 - (Nightowl) - (22)
             Re: Pitt 20 - Jet 17 - (bepatient) - (21)
                 Breathe...... - (Nightowl)
                 philly/stealers in the bowl? (tired of the pats) -NT - (daemon) - (19)
                     Not going to happen - (bluke) - (4)
                         Hold on just a minute. - (bepatient) - (3)
                             The Jets have had big problems scoring points lately - (bluke) - (2)
                                 Offensive LIne/Running Game - (bepatient) - (1)
                                     Of course he won't - (bluke)
                     'tlanta is the team coming in under the radar. - (ChrisR) - (13)
                         if Vick could throw, he wouldnt need to run - (daemon) - (12)
                             oh yeah... - (ChrisR) - (11)
                                 philly has to beat themselves for atl to win -NT - (daemon)
                                 there's a detailed analysis - (bepatient) - (9)
                                     Armchair quarterbacks. - (ChrisR) - (8)
                                         Now I undertand. - (bepatient) - (6)
                                             Well, the snow is going to hurt the Falcons. - (ChrisR) - (5)
                                                 Pshah - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                     kuhbuoy's hired charlie the tuna to help them - (daemon) - (1)
                                                         Could use a qb - (bepatient)
                                                 OMFG - (drewk) - (1)
                                                     Championships may come and go.... - (ChrisR)
                                         Driven into who? -NT - (imric)

Your Bork God[tm] was HERE!
125 ms