IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Please describe the factual error in this comic presenta
The fact that Gore got more votes in the national popular election is totally irrelevant. The US Constitution defines how a president is elected. Ah, but yes - "Ignorance is Strength".

The fact that that troublesome West Palm Beech butterfly ballot was the creation of a Democrat was not mentioned.

The fact that more of the pinko-commie voters, a disproportion percentage of whom vote, voted for Gore than for Bush was not mentioned. :) Yeh, Nader got some of them too.

The fact that no general election, anywhere, is perfectly accurate was not mentioned. It just happened that Florida had a wider margin of error this time.

The fact that Gore was Our Boy[tm] and he lost and we still can't get over it wasn't mentioned. Deal with it and move on already!

Omission of facts speaks volumes too.

In this case, I laugh more at than with the cartoonist.

But, I still cringe when I see Dubya open his mouth.
Alex

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. -- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)
New Nope: his take was re FL only. Reread.
Have to recall the huge number of votes never er 'recounted' even once: never mind that Both of the (One-Party with Two Right Wings\ufffd) made errors of NOT insisting upon options - they could have insisted on.

This is called 'strategy', even when later it looks like 'bad-strategy'. I ain't a goin to go through the numbers no more times, though.

A.

Revealed Truth via Dream:
GushBore - two a-holes as could only have ended up as the Best (!) 2:280,000,000 IF the Fix Was In and It Was. Pure Corporate Selection. The rest: mockery. EOF
New Yer not gonna convince the true believers
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
-- Donald Knuth
New Ya know, there's this thing called a symptom...
...and that's what I'm more concerned about.

Yeah, I think that Shrub himself is a bad choice for president, moderated by the fact that he's propped up by so many of Daddy's Boys that they can keep him in line, somewhat. If he had won outright, I wouldn't argue that he wasn't the President.

Quite frankly, both Shrub's and Bore's tactics during the Fla recount mess disgusted me and pointed to a deeper problem - the purposeful manipulation of voting to favor one party or the other. Oldest game in the book? Sure. Does this mean that we, the people should tolerate it? Only if we enjoy getting reamed every time some power wants a favor from their bought 'n paid for legislator.

You Bush supporters should be on my side on this one - not because I want Shrub kicked out of the office (I do) - that isn't the issue. Whether or not the person who is currently serving as our President isn't the REAL issue, as much as those in positions of power are trying to make it out to be - the real issue is how our voting system still has miles to go before we even meet the goal of being a Republic, let alone a Democracy.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New And I am in full agreement....
...that the current process by which we elect our federal representatives is FUBAR and needs to be completely overhauled.

You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
     Election spin - (Silverlock) - (12)
         Re: Election spin - (wharris2) - (8)
             Please describe the factual error in this comic presentation - (Ashton) - (5)
                 Re: Please describe the factual error in this comic presenta - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                     Nope: his take was re FL only. Reread. - (Ashton)
                     Yer not gonna convince the true believers -NT - (wharris2) - (2)
                         Ya know, there's this thing called a symptom... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                             And I am in full agreement.... - (bepatient)
             Is it just because he punctures your flavor of hypocrites - (Silverlock)
             Penguin Soup for the Soul - (Brandioch)
         sharp stick, poke! right on! - (boxley)
         6 panels. -NT - (static) - (1)
             Pecksniff! -NT - (Ashton)

Eschew obfuscation.
163 ms