Thanks, Dan

Reassuring that, in this case.. logic just may be enough :-\ufffd
I do see a whole new list of TLAs I shall have to adsorb, but at least I can be selective. The info itself already seems better organized than I'm used to; this batch should help further.

As to ITIL... whenever I see ~
IT Service Management is a top-down, business driven approach to the management of IT that specifically addresses the strategic business value generated by the IT organisation and the need to deliver a high quality IT service. IT Service Management is designed to focus on the people, processes and technology issues that IT organisations face.
I'm reminded that the Principia damn near killed Bertie Russell - was it ~pp 142 that he finally got to a proof for "1 + 1 = 2"? Anyway I sympathize with being involved with any project whose goal is to Fully Organize Everything.

'Course I know nothing about the company (UK?) and it's er Misson - but sure sounds like another Grail Quest: Meta-Information / Information-about-Info. Recursion is such fun, but mix -$$- with that and soon it's cha cha cha
"Strategic Business Value" eh..

(Yeah, you may be getting old, but relax.. occasionally that does mean wiser - if not quite as frequently as we hoped. And it is Wise to despise bafflegab. I say that didactically as, it be unarguable, that. ;-)

Cheers,

moi