1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New False:
in an internationally recognized sovereign country, to
provide proofs before they (the Taliban) decides what they will do,
spoke volume.
IIRC, only Pakistan and Saudi Arabia (maybe one more?) recognized the Taleban as the legitimate government of Afghanistan.

And while I too am cognizant of the evil effects of most mob-actions, and the malleability of the Murican Peepul (and all others) to demagoguery - I find your list here, to be really reaching, as in your ref to "forgetting about the starving".

That impending fact has been regularly on the agenda of even our Valley-speak inane talking News-heads since square 1.

There are internal matters - just say 'Ashcroft' - of ominous local trend, and there are bound to be some stupidities in the actions to date. But not on the scale of arrant knavery you portray: that is more akin to agitprop of earlier days and re Vietnam -- where we really Were being stupid and arrogant beyond belief.

And we have not yet exorcised That Demon, despite pronouncing it dead on the usual Holidays.. Many are in denial still. We have factions who'd like to duplicate that atrocity in Afg. Thus far they are not calling the shots.

If they do, we'll talk again.

Ashton
New Re: False:
>And while I too am cognizant of the evil effects of most mob-actions, and the malleability of the Murican Peepul (and all others) to demagoguery - I find your list here, to be really reaching, as in your ref to "forgetting about the starving".

>That impending fact has been regularly on the agenda of even our Valley-speak inane talking News-heads since square 1.

Heh, those are the "we" that I was referring to... where "we" consist of folks who have tried and continue to try to bring attention to the numerous "flaws" in the current "War against Terrorism", albeit not totally in agreement with each other.
     Comments? - (TTC) - (32)
         The jubilation of the liberated in afganistan - (boxley) - (26)
             Re: The jubilation of the liberated in afganistan - (TTC) - (23)
                 does that also include the people in Nangking - (boxley)
                 Oh, we've certainly learned something . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (21)
                     Well said and right on, Andrew! -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (20)
                         Re: Well said and right on, Andrew! - (TTC) - (19)
                             No, it is a matter of intent. - (Andrew Grygus) - (18)
                                 Re: No, it is a matter of intent. - (TTC) - (17)
                                     Idealistic fantasy - (Andrew Grygus) - (8)
                                         Re: Idealistic fantasy - (TTC) - (6)
                                             False: - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                 Re: False: - (TTC)
                                             We smashed Al-Jazeera station? - (Arkadiy) - (2)
                                                 Re: We smashed Al-Jazeera station? - (TTC) - (1)
                                                     Not a peep from CNN. I am disgusted! -NT - (Arkadiy)
                                             al-Jazeera - (Ashton)
                                         Typical; once again you fsck up otherwise near-perfect post: - (CRConrad)
                                     Legitimate government of Afghanistan? - (admin) - (7)
                                         Ok, "legitimate" might be pushing it... - (TTC) - (3)
                                             UN Representation held by Pres. Rabbani. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                 Also, Rabbani has returned to Kabul. - (a6l6e6x)
                                                 Thanks for the info. -NT - (TTC)
                                         Actually, he didn't say "government". - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                             Uh, wrong? - (admin) - (1)
                                                 Ah, OK. Yeah, I missed 1 out of 3 places he mentioned it. - (CRConrad)
             One thing that I see is that... - (ChrisR) - (1)
                 Yes. - (Andrew Grygus)
         Just cause. Then what? - (Arkadiy)
         He's nuts. - (wharris2)
         Too much sanity to pass muster - (Ashton) - (2)
             That's the second step - (wharris2) - (1)
                 Re: That's the second step - (TTC)

You hijacked the conversation. You get to land it.
59 ms