IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 2 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New That's not a perl script
its just tr called by extraneous perl glue.

OK, maybe that is a perl script. But I'm working really hard to see the perl value add on that one. :-P

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."     --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."     --George W. Bush
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 12:39:59 PM EDT
New Built in SED and AWK
New It is simple
I know that Perl is a swiss army chainsaw. Therefore I don't have to remember where that blade originally was to be found because it is part of Perl. Besides, on any machine where I've resided for a while, I know that Perl is there. I don't know that the rest of the Unix toolset is.

In fact until you pointed out that it exists, I'd never looked for a tr utility. Now that I have, I know where another Perl operator came from, and I'll blissfully forget about the tr utility. Its existence is one more thing that I can forget.

YMMV, and in this case it probably does.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
     Books: The Golden Compass and The Subtle Knife - (inthane-chan) - (6)
         I find it mildly amusing that... - (ben_tilly) - (3)
             That's not a perl script - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                 Built in SED and AWK -NT - (ChrisR)
                 It is simple - (ben_tilly)
         Are kids looking for this sort of thing? - (static) - (1)
             I read Mein Kamp at 10, heinlen at 9 - (daemon)

DIRE WOOFS! DIRE WOOFS, YOU ASWIPES!
41 ms