IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Welcome to the Debian religion - fucking parsing?
no I expect common sense, a distro that assumes you are using the lowest hardware rekkies which I wuz and do what I type not what fuckneets decide is PC
regards,
daemon
New It is NOT about about being PC.
You and Ross are a Definite pair.

You can't use the easiest text based installer you can find.

on the boot... please press F2 <-> F10 to understand the flexibility.

You are a fucking expert, use the expert settings.

If you can't install Debian you must be braindead just like Ross is.

You are fighting it. Remember there are 11 platforms the installer has to install to. If you can't even comprehend the simple shit, Why for would you want a GUI that just adds to the complexity of the install.

I'll bet given that machine in my possession it would just work. I can't even begin to understand how a simple instaler can kick yours and Ross' ass.

Fucking Unbelievable.

I am done trying to hold hands and help those that won't help themselves and open up and look around.

If my 11 year old daughter can install Debian Sarge unassisted using the new Debian Installer... (I wasn't even around when she did it) I can't help *YOU* two anymore.

--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
No matter how much Microsoft supporters whine about how Linux and other operating systems have just as many bugs as their operating systems do, the bottom line is that the serious, gut-wrenching problems happen on Windows, not on Linux, not on Mac OS. -- [link|http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1622086,00.asp|source]
Here is an example: [link|http://www.greymagic.com/security/advisories/gm001-ie/|Executing arbitrary commands without Active Scripting or ActiveX when using Windows]
New Re: It is NOT about about being PC.
READ the tech details under the rant. I DID install and complained mightily about HOW FUCKED UP THE INSTALL WAS COMPARED TO OTHER NIX INSTALL DISTROS!!
I got it up but painfully from a crap installer dont whine that yer daughter hit the hardware lottery, thats not an excuse. Adress the issues I brought up or admit the installer is broken or needs fixing:-)
regards,
bill
New Okay...
It just isn't my daughter that has been able to use the Net-install.

Nearly everyone I have given it to... finds no problems. It even sets up the bootloader to load the other OSes on the machine.

I find no reason anymore. I read you descriptions, your problems, All of your problems stem from your lack of opening up and absorbing a different way of install.

I give up on you and Ross. Both of you are somewhat... closed source.
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
No matter how much Microsoft supporters whine about how Linux and other operating systems have just as many bugs as their operating systems do, the bottom line is that the serious, gut-wrenching problems happen on Windows, not on Linux, not on Mac OS. -- [link|http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1622086,00.asp|source]
Here is an example: [link|http://www.greymagic.com/security/advisories/gm001-ie/|Executing arbitrary commands without Active Scripting or ActiveX when using Windows]
New Misunderstanding, my apologies
I am not comparing netinstalls, I am comparing distro installs from a technical paper version to myself. In other words can I search on the net for linux distros, get hits on major release sites, download an ISO and install painlessly. If I wanted the best way to get on a box and get linux rolling I would have directly emailed you off line and asked your advice as I dont keep up with the latest and greatous except thru this board and Karsten. My purpose was to get what joe schmoo has available via google and see how competant it was. Devian Sarge from an install basis was a HUGE fucking hork! yea with your "insider ability" meanin you know the product inside and out install is painless but from an outsider ability its the worst I have ever seen a valid critisism in my view and to add to the list of intel unix installs that are beter I had forgotten interative Unix 5.4
regards
daemon
New Reality check
I'm not going to say its difficult because it isn't.

I will say it is a paradigm shift for most and this makes it "difficult".

I know the reason why it is the way it is.

I also know that once debian is on the box it has no rival for ease of maintenance.

All that said, the installer (while effective and utilitarian) is not as "simple" as the other major distros. I told you the same thing when I went through the installs. Got into the same flamewar IIRC.

With practice, it becomes less complex and you get to see the benefit of it being the way it is.

But compared to Mandrake, for example, it is more painful a process.

Still, after the first box...once I understood the real benefits...I quickly decided that a samll amount of unease, even pain, at the beginning was well worth it in the end.

My daughter has accomplished some incredible feats on computers as well. They're wonderful creatures.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
     Trevor, cowfucking triangleheaded fuckneeted - (daemon) - (26)
         Now try Suse 9.2 -NT - (broomberg) - (3)
             Re: Now try Suse 9.2 - (daemon) - (2)
                 Keep in mind what Ben said about perl - (drewk) - (1)
                     Re: Keep in mind what Ben said about perl - (daemon)
         Exactly. Welcome to the Debian religion - folker pastoring -NT - (deSitter) - (11)
             Welcome to the Debian religion - fucking parsing? - (daemon) - (5)
                 It is NOT about about being PC. - (folkert) - (4)
                     Re: It is NOT about about being PC. - (daemon) - (3)
                         Okay... - (folkert) - (2)
                             Misunderstanding, my apologies - (daemon)
                             Reality check - (bepatient)
             GET IT RIGHT! -> FOLKERT -NT - (folkert) - (4)
                 in this thread Fuck er hmm :-)!= -> FOLKERT -NT - (daemon) - (3)
                     Don't even go there. (new thread) - (folkert)
                     He used Folker (NO -> T) -NT - (folkert) - (1)
                         Re: He used Folker (NO -> T) - (daemon)
         FFF - (pwhysall) - (2)
             FFF thot you were in charge? - (daemon) - (1)
                 If it's a design flaw, it's a bug. - (pwhysall)
         Ben wanted more detail in my answer :) - (pwhysall) - (6)
             Re: Ben wanted more detail in my answer :) - (daemon) - (5)
                 File a bug then. - (pwhysall) - (4)
                     Re: File a bug then. - (daemon) - (3)
                         No need to do sources.list manually - (pwhysall) - (2)
                             Re: No need to do sources.list manually - (daemon) - (1)
                                 Note - (pwhysall)

His laugh sounds like a balloon deflating into the face of a man who is throwing up and singing at the same time. It is the worst.
55 ms