IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Hold the phone - somebody is willing to TRAIN???
Damn, I gotta get me into that kind of employer right quick.

Got any leads?
lincoln
"Windows XP has so many holes in its security that any reasonable user will conclude it was designed by the same German officer who created the prison compound in "Hogan's Heroes." - Andy Ihnatko, Chicago Sun-Times
[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
New Not in your area, sorry
I can think of 2 companies in the LA area that have gone from looking for a senior person to someone with a year of Perl or so. (The ad says a year, the reality...)

I think that they'd accept as experience doing a lot of little tasks in Perl while your official job said something else. Given how many people use Perl in that way, I don't see why anyone would want to hire someone intending to teach them Perl from scratch.

Also I wouldn't expect to find opportunities like this outside of a small number of markets. The market in LA being particularly good - that's why I chose to move here last year.

Cheers,
Ben
About the use of language: it is impossible to sharpen a pencil with a blunt axe. It is equally vain to try to do it with ten blunt axes instead. -- Edsger W. Dijkstra
     Had an interview in Irving yesterday - (lincoln) - (11)
         Sorry to hear that - (Nightowl)
         Well, that sucks chuncks! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Most markets seem that way - (tuberculosis) - (6)
             *nod* -NT - (imric)
             I believe the expression is "circling" - (jake123)
             Things seem to be going well in the Perl world - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                 Perl passes C - (ChrisR)
                 Hold the phone - somebody is willing to TRAIN??? - (lincoln) - (1)
                     Not in your area, sorry - (ben_tilly)
         You were in my neck of the woods! - (gdaustin) - (1)
             Company helps other companies - (lincoln)

Any more than we can resent a dog licking its own testicles.
31 ms