IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Agreed
I have a Sprint phone at work. Periodically, in areas where I KNOW there is coverage, the phone tells me there is no digital coverage and puts me into analog roam (where I pay a 7x higher rate)!

I'm beginning to believe that cell phone companies are actually introducing "errors" into their phone systems to up the customer's bill knowing that most customers will just accept the analog roam and continue to make the call.

Am I whacked out on that?

We have Verizon at home, and I'm not really happy with it, either. I've heard that Cingular is best in Dallas/Ft. Worth, but their rates are an additional $5 a month over Verizon and Sprint.

At work, we've had issues in the past with Sprint delivering text messages and voice mail DAYS after it was originally sent. That's not very good, when you're expected to answer a page and call back in 30 minutes, or they go to your backup.

Glen Austin
Expand Edited by gdaustin Sept. 19, 2004, 10:40:28 PM EDT
New Signal strength can be a function of the phone.
My Sanyo flip phone gives much better reception than my old Qualcomm thingy. I'm not making excuses for them (there are local areas with no signal and it seems that Sprint has no interest in remedying that problem), just noting that there are other possible explanations.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Ahem, this is not deliberate action by the cell companies
they are not introducing errors out of malice or financial reasons,
nuff said.
thanx,
bill
These miserable swine, having nothing but illusions to live on, marshmallows for the soul in place of good meat, will now stoop to any disgusting level to prevent even those miserable morsels from vanishing into thin air. The country is being destroyed by these stupid, vicious right-wing fanatics, the spiritual brothers of the brownshirts and redstars, collectivists and authoritarians all, who would not know freedom if it bit them on the ass, who spend all their time trying to stamp, bludgeon, and eviscerate the very idea of the individual's right to his own private world. DRL
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New In this area: you da Boss
Now why'cha get off ass and Fix the Sucker?
hmmmm?

:-\ufffd
     Damn the Cell Phone Companies - (tuberculosis) - (12)
         Re: Damn the Cell Phone Companies - (deSitter) - (2)
             ICLRPD (new thread) - (inthane-chan)
             ICyaLRPD (new thread) - (Steve Lowe)
         Try prepaid? -NT - (imric) - (3)
             Looked at it - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                 Sprint has something almost like that... - (Another Scott)
                 Give a look into these guys - (lincoln)
         The Sprint plan. - (a6l6e6x)
         Agreed - (gdaustin) - (3)
             Signal strength can be a function of the phone. - (Another Scott)
             Ahem, this is not deliberate action by the cell companies - (boxley) - (1)
                 In this area: you da Boss - (Ashton)

Whoa-ho-ho, nice shootin', Tex!
66 ms